Job Title: Territory Sales Executive
Employer: Macfarlane Packaging
Location: Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Salary: Basic salary plus bonus/OTE, car/all
Employment Type: Permanent
Reference Number: 221038396
Territory Sales Executive
Territory: Wider Yorkshire Area
Sector: Packaging distribution & solutions
Basic Annual Salary up to £40,000 (dependent on experience) plus bonus/commission (scope to earn 100% of salary), company car (or allowance) & flexible benefits package including hybrid working, up to 27 days holiday (Plus additional annual leave purchasing scheme)
Sector: Packaging distribution
Macfarlane Packaging, the UK s largest packaging distributor have an exciting opportunity for an experienced territory sales professional to come and represent us. You will be an extension of our Wakefield site and enjoy a varied field sales role. We are a committed equal opportunities employer that champions dignity in the workplace . Our focus is to provide customers with fully integrated and innovative packaging solutions, augmented by outstanding customer service. Appointing and nurturing sales talent across our business is key to our continued growth.
The Territory Sales Executive Role
Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager, this territory sales role requires a full sales cycle approach. You can therefore expect to manage a portfolio of existing customers (£2-£3M annual spend value), whilst also having a dedicated focus during the year on targeting & securing new customers (annual target north of £150k for new customer/business revenue). An ability to switch focus and dedicate adequate time to both aspects will dictate your success in meeting agreed commercial goals and targets. You will thrive in building relationships with key decision makers and stakeholders across a range of customer accounts, continually reviewing needs and acting on opportunities to present fresh solutions.
Territory Sales Executive Key Responsibilities
- Create & implement a business plan for allocated territory to maximize sales & deliver excellent standards of customer service & support at all times.
- Maintain and develop existing accounts whilst also identifying new business opportunities & extending the customer base.
- Maintain strong sales administration including use of CRM (MS Dynamics) to follow up all leads, enquiries/quotes
- Work closely with the site s internal teams and in particular our sales coordinators to ensure a first-class service is provided to customers at all times
- Adopt a consultative approach with clients in tailoring appropriate solutions to meet needs whilst developing/maintaining a strong knowledge of all packaging solutions and full product range
- Prospect for potential new customers and turn this into increased business
- Cold call as appropriate within your market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities
- Meet potential clients growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within client companies
- Plan approaches, sales presentations, and pitches
- Meet yearly and monthly sales targets assigned to you
Do you have the correct profile?
We would love to hear from you if you are an experienced territory/client facing B2B sales professional (ideally minimum of 2 years field based/client facing sales experience). You will be an effective negotiator, with the ability to actively build strong relationships via first class communication and influencing skills. You will enjoy genuinely adding value to customers as your prior experience will already have seen you selling a solution.
Selling with integrity, you will be accustomed to delighting customers and be able to illustrate a recent track-record of success in meeting sales targets. We would ask that you live on patch (within the stated territory area) and have a valid UK driving license. Any prior sales experience gained within logistics or supply chain solutions as well as other similar distribution businesses (packaging, consumables, PPE, stationary, catering etc.) can also translate well.
What is most important however is that you have recent B2B field sales/customer facing experience, can demonstrate a record of impressive performance (must include some new business acquisition success), are open to learning our business and sector and will be comfortable with a more technical solution-based sales approach. A fully valid UK driving license is essential and you must reside on patch within the wider Yorkshire County area. You will also be using a CRM (dynamics) alongside the usual MS Office products, so computer literacy is important.
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds irrespective of your age, gender, disability, race, nationality, ethnicity, gender identity, religion, or sexual orientation. Should you require any specific support or adjustments during the recruitment process, please email our recruitment team directly.
Your future with us
Here at Macfarlane Group, you truly have the potential to shape your own future and set your own ambitions. We are a large group company where internal promotion and mobility are a key feature of our success. Through tailored career plans, we provide a wide range of structure training & development pathways, utilizing both in-house expertise to share knowledge and the best-in-class external training partners. There is potential access to management & leadership development, and we work closely with recognized, accredited bodies including the Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM) & the Institute of Sales Professionals ISP). So there really are no limits to where your journey within Macfarlane Group may take you.
We provide a competitive basic starting salary and operate a range of rewarding bonus/incentive schemes. Our flexible employee benefits package can include: –
- 25 days annual leave (rising to 27 days with service) plus all public/bank holidays
- Additional Holiday purchasing scheme (run annually)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Geographical salary weighting available at certain specific locations
- Free parking at most of our site locations
- Annual (company paid) volunteering day
- Range of company cars or cash allowance (including hybrid/electric) for qualifying job roles
- Employee assistance program to support & advise with well-being & any issues
- Extensive range of training/development & potential progression opportunities
- Employee discount scheme (discounts on several major retail/leisure brands)
- Simply Health/Dental Cover option or BUPA cover for qualifying roles
- Enhanced HR policies relating to various employee rights & entitlements
- Long service awards (5-40 years)
- Charitable giving options
- Financial support with eye-tests/purchasing glasses (DSE users only)
- O2 Mobile discount scheme (up to 25% off)
- Candidate referral scheme (awards £750 for referring successful applicants to Macfarlane job vacancies)
How to apply/next steps
This is an urgent appointment whereby we will be working to identify and review the very best of applicants swiftly in the hope of selecting the successful candidate to commence with us ASAP. Please note that Macfarlane Group supports hybrid working where possible and we often conduct our first stage interviews via video. To make an application please simply click apply ensuring that your CV is up to date and relevant.
All applications will be acknowledged, shortlisted applicants normally hearing from us within
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Territory Sales Executive job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Territory Sales Executive job vacancy in Yorkshire with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Territory Sales Executive job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.