Job Title: Systems Engineer
Employer: British Steel
Location: Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
Salary: Pension, Healthcare & 35 Holidays
Employment Type: Permanent
Reference Number: 219763529
What you need to know about the role
Reporting to the MES Manager, the purpose of your role will be to analyse, design, specify, install and commission new solutions and provide continuing support and development for the Process Control (Level2) systems, to ensure maximum efficiency, throughput and yield of plant processes.
Key responsibilities include but aren t limited to:
- Undertake program design, coding, testing, documentation and modification work as required to meet the needs of plant
- Adhere to quality assurance policies regarding design, development and support of software.
- Maintain and monitor existing Process Control (level2) computer systems to ensure maximum availability to plant.
- Prepare system/solution specifications, based on discussions with the Operational Teams.
- Assess and appraise tenders for the best technical and cost effective solution.
- Commissioning of completed systems to meet the specifications of the plant.
- Attend plant out of hours when required for fault correction escalations, commissioning, trials, investigations, or support.
What we need to know about you
To be successful in this role you will have a relevant degree in engineering or computer science and have experience in a similar role with a good knowledge of software development techniques, computer languages, databases and operating systems, networks, hardware and software tools.
The ability to work at a very detailed level during fault finding is essential. You will be well versed in the complex and ever changing computer hardware, software and communications technologies, and knowledge of and experience with various statistical and mathematical modelling and optimisation techniques and software tools would be beneficial.
Good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate complex technical issues clearly at all levels with both internal and external contacts is a critical skill.
Prior experience in supporting systems in an industrial context would be a distinct advantage.
What we can offer you
We know our employees are our greatest asset and alongside the great benefits packages we offer, we continue to invest in their careers by providing a huge range of training and development opportunities.
Whatever your stage in life, you’ll find a range of benefits to complement your work-life balance. The benefits you’ll enjoy include:
- Defined contribution company pension scheme
- 35 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Life Assurance
- A comprehensive Company sick pay scheme
- Health Cash Plan via our partnership with Simplyhealth
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Standby and call-out payments
- Family friendly benefits including maternity, paternity and adoption leave
What you need to know about us
Here at British Steel we re undertaking the biggest transformation in our history and you could play a vital role. Our new owners have invested £330 million in just 3 years to improve our operations. And further major investments are planned as we focus on building a clean, green and sustainable future for British Steel. People are at the heart of our exciting plans and we re looking for more talented colleagues to drive our journey to net zero. Are you up for the challenge? Apply now!</p
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Systems Engineer job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Systems Engineer job vacancy in Lincolnshire with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Systems Engineer job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.