Job Title: Solution Architect
Location: Staffordshire, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
Reference Number: 221092413
Salary – Competitive salary plus bonus scheme, pension scheme, car/car allowance
Location – Flexible location and hybrid working with some travel to our Kingswood or 210 office
When you see the world as we do, you see the chance to help the world take better care of its resources, and help it become a better place for everyone. It’s why we’re looking for someone who’s just as committed as we are, to push for genuine change and bring our ambition of Ecological Transformation to life.
We know that everyone here at Veolia can help us work alongside our communities, look after the environment, and contribute to our inclusive culture.
The Solution Architect will be responsible for the architectural designs and supporting the build and deployment of any projects or products solutions. The Solution Architect will work within the Enterprise Architecture Team and serve as a technical lead with the design and development of new solutions as well as imparting architectural best practices to the wider Digital Business and Technology (DB&T) community.
What we can offer you;
- 25 days of annual leave.
- Access to our company pension scheme.
- Discounts on everything from groceries to well known retailers.
- Access to a range of resources to support your physical, mental and financial health; so you can lean on us whenever you need to.
- 24 hour access to a virtual GP, 365 days a year, for you and family members in your household.
- One paid days leave every year to volunteer and support your community.
- Ongoing training and development opportunities, allowing you to reach your full potential.
What will you be doing?
- The Solution Architect will understand the architecture design.
- Manage the discovery and design activities to deliver initiatives.
- Empower, inspire, coach and motivate others to deliver successful projects.
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders, whilst taking control of meetings and projects for them.
- Work closely with the team to expand the culture of Secure Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methodology.
- To actively contribute to the activities of Problem, Change and Release management.
- The Solution Architect will use expert knowledge of DevOps, system integration approaches and data architecture principles through each project.
- Design the solutions for cross-functional multi-platform systems and technical capabilities to meet business and project outcomes using an EAM tool.
What are we looking for?
- Proactive mindset with the ability to take ownership of projects.
- Experience of leading the design of large complex IT systems and business change projects and programmes.
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle, practised in requirements gathering, solution design, solution development and solution testing (unit, integration, system, penetration, etc).
- Experience of architecting cloud native solutions within the major public cloud providers.
- Familiarity with Agile principles and practices.
- Experience of integrations.
- Some experience of software development in cloud environments specifically AWS and Azure would be an advantage.
Apply today, so we can make a difference for generations to come.
We’re proud to be listed in The Sunday Times Best Places to Work 2023, being named as a Top 10 Very Big Organisation and Highly Commended as a workplace for 55+.
This accolade further demonstrates our commitment to our people and our actions in creating an environment where everyone can be their true selves and enjoy working at Veolia.
We want to ensure that you feel supported throughout the application process and provide reasonable adjustments where necessary and requested. If you require any reasonable adjustments as part of your application and interview process please do not hesitate to let us know.
Here at Veolia, we’re proud to be known as an equal opportunities employer. We know how important it is to be fully committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive place to work for every one of our colleagues. So no matter their age, gender, gender expression, disability, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, sexuality or veteran status, every applicant who meets the minimum requirements will be considered fully.</p
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Solution Architect job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Solution Architect job vacancy in Staffordshire with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Solution Architect job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.