Overview: Software Group Lead job vacancy in Hertfordshire recruiting now
Location: Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
MBDA Missile Systems – Together. For the future of defence.
Software Group Lead (Manufacturing Intelligence and Support) – Stevenage/Bolton (R09789)
Salary:circa £75,000 (doe) + bonus + benefits
Hybrid working pattern: Where possible, we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Would you like to head up a new group that develops software at the heart of some of the world’s most sophisticated defence systems?
This is an opportunity to craft, support and grow a team of dedicated software engineers providing software support to test equipment based in our manufacturing facility in Bolton and developing a range of software tools supporting MBDA’s factory of the future and digital transformation strategy.
At the very core of this role you’ll be responsible for the team who are integrating our ground breaking manufacturing intelligence product lines into existing and new TE platforms produced by our international Test Equipment Centre of Excellence.
- Engineering is at heart of our business; there is opportunity to both develop your core leadership skills, and gain a wider experience of sophisticated embedded systems.
- Working alongside a multidiscipline engineering team, you will be a key part of a supportive and growing software engineering team as your career expands with us.
- MBDA is committed to upskilling people through both formal training and practical experience.
What we’re looking for from you:
We are keen to expand our team with the right people that complement and enrich our culture while empowering our exciting transformation initiative. We want to learn from new people and are passionate about building high performing teams. We therefore invite self-motivated, passionate, adaptable and proficient individuals to apply for this role.
- Being passionate about people – keen to understand what motivates your team and looking to encourage and inspire them to grow.
- Someone comfortable coaching, mentoring and leading managers; your team of managers are responsible for delivery of a really high quality product into complex overall programmes, where the software is a crucial element.
- Well-honed organisational skills and plenty of experience in steering the development of products from inception through to delivery.
- While not crucial, it would be beneficial for you to have a background in developing, delivering and supporting software into a production environment; some knowledge of electronics and the additional complexities of developing software that is a part of a bigger product which is itself evolving at the same time.
- Can articulate the benefits of key software practices like unit testing and good design
- Someone who is comfortable with change and understands the importance of continuous improvement within a modern software development team
What’s in it for you?
- Chance to join a friendly, motivated team and play a part in its evolution.
- Working in a department supporting the whole product portfolio throughout the entire engineering lifecycle will give you the platform to significantly increase your engineering skills and knowledge.
- To input and shape how Software is developed at MBDA by introducing new development techniques and tools
- Working closely with our colleagues across the UK and in France and Italy, so there may be the opportunity to travel; we also have a secondment scheme between France and the UK.
Join a great team!
The UK Test Software team is a multi-disciplined, dynamic, focused and agile team of about 50 engineers specialising in all aspects of Test Solution design, including hardware, software and embedded real-time systems. It’s a great place to learn about the company’s entire product range within a team that is embracing DevOps and innovative technologies.
What to expect!
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Software Group Lead job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Software Group Lead job vacancy in Hertfordshire with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Software Group Lead job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.