Overview: Software Engineering Manager job vacancy in Surrey recruiting now
Location: Surrey, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Help us define the future of Software and Systems Integration in Boeing Defence UK. We are looking for strong digital leaders with a deep, evidential background in driving system integration and engineering standards, innovation and best practice within complex, matrixed organisations. The successful candidate will lead a multi-disciplined, agile team in executing complex digital system integration in multi domain, secure environment embedding world class practices, methods and tools across our business. While we work in agile and dynamic engineering environments, your wellbeing is important to us and we strive to find a healthy life balance and ethical team culture with a strong emphasis on openness, collaboration, innovation, safety and first-time quality. This role can be based at most BDUK sites with hybrid working options. Travel to UK sites will be expected, with occasional international travel.
- Leads the tactical execution of Software and Systems Integration (SSI) activities across BDUK
- Supports the development of the SSI strategy for BDUK in support of our growth strategy and contractual commitments, and leads the teams in the delivery
- Manage employees performing engineering and integration activities in the area of Software and systems.
- Develops and executes project and process plans, implement policies and procedures and sets operational goals
- Drives execution of solution engineering and integration through effective resource allocation and management.
- Ensures delivery of secure, right first time quality, well-tested and scalable software to meet customer and business requirements.
- Acquires resources for projects, provide technical management of suppliers
- Develops and maintains relationships and partnerships with customers, key stakeholders, peers, academia and industry bodies.
- Works with the Engineering, IT and Digital Services and Analytics organizations to drive the development of software engineering within the UK, including accommodating UK MOD and UK Government strategies and requirements.
- Provides oversight and approval of technical approaches, products and processes covering information security and cyber and product quality and safety.
- Manages, develops and motivates employees, including skill and career and talent development of all BDUK software engineers; tracking and coordination of employee development plans-including managing teams located at multiple geographic locations
Essential Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Degree from an accredited relevant course of study, (eg. engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics, chemistry)
- 3+ years of experience managing or leading teams in multi-disciplined matrix organisations
- 5+ years of experience working in and leading software projects
- Extensive experience in a modern, Software Engineering environment, DevSecOps, SCRUM, Agile, Scaled Agile, CI/CD, SaaS, Cloud, Code Quality, Open Source frameworks
The successful candidate would expect to demonstrate some of the following:
- Experience dealing with software engineering and integration in defence or other similar regulated environment and able to bring best practice from the defence or other safety critical software environment
- Subject Matter Expertise and experience in Simulation and Training (or the computer gaming industry) software industry
- Proven record in delivering on a software technology strategy
- Working knowledge of early TRL (Technology Research Level) Research and Development environment to support the BDUK technical roadmaps software requirement
- Knowledge of Systems engineering Test and Evaluation/Verification and Validation development process
- Comfortable working in a rapidly growing organisation, and able to apply the correct processes where required to deliver an Assured product
- Knowledge of large scale distributed system architectures
- Established in managing experienced engineers with a demonstrated track record of growing and building highly effective distributed teams
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- Comfortable operating within in dynamic, matrixed, integrated Product Teams with ability to adapt to various technologies and situations
- A strong leader, who has built an environment conducive to an aggressive development schedule.
- Able to provide a bridge between product stakeholders, the board and development team.
- Demonstrable experience driving innovation and building re-useable, secure and scalable components
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and leadership skills
- A true people partner, with matrix experience in a global environment.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong people skills with the ability to recruit, develop and retain top talent
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Practical experience in managing complex project or bid budgets, particularly geared around the cost of delivery.
Work Authorisation: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
Security Clearance: This position requires the ability to obtain a UK security clearance for which the Government requires UK Citizenship.
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Software Engineering Manager job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Software Engineering Manager job vacancy in Surrey with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Software Engineering Manager job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.