Overview: Software Engineer (Technical Specialist – Tooling) job vacancy in Bristol recruiting now
Location: Bristol, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
MBDA Missile Systems – Together. For the future of defence.
Software Specialist (Software Engineer – Technical Specialist – Tooling) R09537
Salary: up to £65,000 (dependent on experience) + bonus + benefits
We are looking for a capable, adaptable and inquisitive software engineer to develop and maintain our software modelling and development in-house tools suite. Tools include; design modelling, auto-code generation and data analysis. These tools support continuous integration and proving activities.
What we’re looking for from you:
- A passion for good common purpose tooling, able to innovate and critically think to solve complex software problems.
- A desire to design, develop and implement dependable validated tools that can be used to timely support automated development and proving across MBDA’s SE products.
- Work independently and with initiative to deliver solutions and to provide technical support.
- You need to be able to interact with multiple customers, with the ability to discuss and compromise to ensure a common tool suite across a spread customer base.
- Experience of configuration management and ideally an SE practitioner and eager to learn key technologies. Currently our tools use; Ada, Java, Rhapsody, XML, Motif, etc.
Here’s what’s in it for you!
- This high profile specialist role provides the opportunity to work autonomously, developing key in-house products from conception through to deployment and maintenance.
- You will be the master of your own dependable product set and have the authority to innovate with more freedom than other elements of weapon system development.
- A key capability role supporting a large range of projects and people simultaneously, constantly evolving challenge, ideal for someone who never wants to stand still.
- Opportunity to evaluate new software technologies and techniques for inclusion/update of the tool suite.
Additional Job Description
Join either the System Software or Software Capability Department as the tooling specialist. The role will support multiple software departments running numerous projects with a dependable and sustainable, purpose-made and integrated in-house tools suite.
What to expect!
We offer opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve appropriate clearances.
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Software Engineer (Technical Specialist – Tooling) job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Software Engineer (Technical Specialist – Tooling) job vacancy in Bristol with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Software Engineer (Technical Specialist – Tooling) job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.