Overview: Software Engineer job vacancy in London recruiting now
Location: London, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
Optimising a 100% renewable energy future is our vision. Limejump is a technology platform that manages a large renewable energy network. Our portfolio delivers clean energy to businesses and homes, using renewables and stored energy when it’s needed to meet demand.
We connect and manage 100% renewable energy through the intelligent control of renewable generators, such as wind turbines and solar panels. We work closely with renewable asset owners, buying their energy and then selling it onto the UK’s grid, giving them simple access to the power market. But, the sun isn’t always shining and the wind isn’t always blowing. We must therefore capture energy for times when there is high demand. By harnessing big data and renewable technology, we accelerate the UK’s transition to net zero carbon emissions.
About the role:
Our Trading Platform team build software to interface between Limejump’s platform and the wholesale energy market. By receiving and storing data on completed trades and the sites they are allocated to generation assets can be correctly dispatched, National Grid informed, and their owners paid.
As a software Engineer, you will build solutions to hold and surface the right data to those who need it, whether via web interfaces, RESTful APIs or event based data streams. You will be a strong programmer with a broad technical skillset who will contribute to the design and implementation of software services critical to Limejump’s success.
- Build tools to allow traders to easily and reliably interact with our trading database
- Work towards surfacing wider data from the Limejump platform in real-time using streams
- Write readable, maintainable and well-tested code
- Participate in scoping sessions and help build our product roadmap
- Collaborate with other developers to design and optimize code
- Continuously develop your understanding of the energy industry and our operating context
- Proven expertise in Python
- Experience working with Postgres
- Working knowledge of Kafka/ event-driven systems
- Understanding of container-based architecture – Docker and/or Kubernetes
- A passion for Limejump’s vision of a sustainable future, and a commitment to our values
- Knowledge of standard methodologies and best practices in software development: e.g. Agile development, CI/CD, object-oriented design
- An open and collaborative attitude with a desire to help others
Desirable skills and experience:
- Experience with Django
- Energy industry experience
- Public cloud experience, especially AWS
- £1k annual innovation budget to spend on self development coupled with 10% time off work to do it
- Private Medical Insurance with AXA PPP with £0 annual excess
- 25 days annual leave…and one extra day for your birthday
- Flexible working options to suit your personal life (including caring responsibility and/or your cultural background)
- Mental wellbeing support with Mental Health First Aiders and Employee Assistance Programme
- Company wide lunch n learns, culturally diverse celebrations and other social events
- Parental leave – up to 12 weeks paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave
- Subsidised onsite gym membership and weekly fitness classes
- Cycle to Work Scheme – enjoy a carbon free commute on us!
- Life assurance and personal accident insurance
- Telephone call (includes Technical questions)
- Face to Face Interview (Held Remotely)
- Telephone Interview with CTO
Python, PostgreSQL, KafkaPython, PostgreSQL, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, Django, Agile, AWS
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Software Engineer job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Software Engineer job vacancy in London with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Software Engineer job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.