Overview: Software Engineer job vacancy in London recruiting now
Employer: Elwood Technologies
Location: London, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
At the cutting edge of financial technology, Elwood is spearheading the convergence of traditional finance and digital assets. Through our single integrated platform, we make crypto accessible to institutions and other investment professionals, with seamless market access to the world’s leading crypto trading and liquidity venues.
We believe it’s time for digital assets to take their rightful place in the world of professional investment. If you like the sound of driving change, making a meaningful impact, and having an unprecedented opportunity to shape the future of finance, we want to hear from you.
Excellence is a mindset. Elwood employees strive to be the best version of themselves and expect the same from others. If you’re passionate about performance, thrive off of collaborating with a talented team, and have the tenacity to succeed, Elwood could be the place for you. We’re currently looking for a first-class Software Engineer to join our Engineering team based in London. As part of the role, you will contribute to the development and functionality requirements of the Trading Platform whilst working closely with the Product Team.
- Develop and enhance our trading platform for low latency/high frequency
- Build new services to meet critical product and business needs using Golang
- Build features that help customers collaborate on asset management
- Work with engineers, designers, product managers, and senior leadership to turn our product and technical vision into a tangible roadmap every quarter
- Monitor and support all production system components (trading algorithms, exchange connectivity, analytics, market data)
- Estimation, design, development and unit testing of features
Qualifications / Knowledge
- Financial Services experience is essential (Buy or Sell-Side)
- Golang experience or other structured languages (C#/Java)
- Postgres SQL
- Cloud Function/App Engine/Big Query
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance
- Excellent object-oriented or functional analysis and design skills
- Strong communication skills, and team collaboration
- POSIX-oriented, Serverless Architecture, Public cloud experience GCP/AWS
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline
- Passion – As a Software Engineer, you are passionate about performance and strive for perfection in all your deliverables.
- Respect – As part of a diverse team, you have deep cultural empathy and respect for fellow workers, clients, partners, and Elwood’s regulatory obligations.
- Teamwork & Communication – You know that teamwork and communication are vital to success and you thrive off of celebrating your wins as a team.
- Tenacity – Building new solutions and enhancing existing services takes hard work and persistence and you bring both these qualities to table every day.
- Trust & Transparency – You share your knowledge with the rest of the team and aren’t afraid to ask questions to improve your work.
- Excellence – Excellence is a mindset and you strive to be the best version of yourself and expect the same from others.
- Join one of the fastest-growing FinTech companies and help shape the future of finance
- An exciting “startup” vibe with deep financial backing and a strong market presence
- Work with a modern technology stack and help solve high-impact problems
- Collaborate with a strong client-focused team from a diverse range of backgrounds
- A global company with offices in New York, Singapore, London, and Geneva
- Competitive compensation package
- A hybrid model of working in the office and working from home
- The chance to produce the most important work of your career
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Software Engineer job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Software Engineer job vacancy in London with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Software Engineer job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.