Smartbox Assistive Technology
To apply for this job please visit www.jobg8.com.
Job Title: Software Developer
Employer: Smartbox Assistive Technology
Location: Bristol, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
Reference Number: 220579083
Our trailblazing global AAC (Augmentative and Alternative Communication) company, is on the lookout for an exceptional Software Developer to join our R&D team and report to the Head of Software Development. At Smartbox, our cutting-edge technology gives a voice to those with limited speech, positively impacting the lives of people with disabilities worldwide. As a Software Developer, you will be involved in the full product lifecycle: understanding customer and business needs, generating ideas, solving problems, planning, designing and developing solutions, and supporting features post-launch. We are committed to good software engineering practices and continuous improvement.
Your expertise in professional software development in modern C# or similar (e.g. Java, C++) will be key to our continued success. All around the world, our products, accomplishments and aspirations are a reflection of our teams values: passionate, caring, empowering, achieving together and enabling change.
This is a hybrid role based in the Bristol office, with the requirement to come into the office twice a week. The salary for this position will be determined based on the applicant’s education, skills and experience.
How will you be making a difference?
- Working on anything from UI to core functionality, from fixing bugs to integrating new technologies.
- Writing clean, working, cross-platform C# code (.NET 7 and Xamarin) and associated tests, and improving the standard of existing code as you touch it to make it more testable, reliable and maintainable.
- Working closely with electronics engineers, product specialists, UX designers and other developers to design, develop and support robust solutions.
- Collaborating with stakeholders and customers to solve problems in a way that meets their needs.
- Helping to evolve your team practises and processes.
- 4+ years of professional software development experience in modern C# or similar (e.g. Java, C++).
- Windows and iOS application development.
- Excellent understanding of software design principles.
- Highly confident and experienced with automated testing from unit tests to system and integration tests.
- Confident working on problems from scratch resourceful in turning problems into simple solutions, and proactive in working with stakeholders to resolve ambiguity.
- Confident in picking up an existing codebase, refactoring and improving test coverage to deliver safe code changes.
- Versatility – enjoying turning your hand to new things, with a flexible approach to evolving business priorities.
- Willingness to develop across Windows and iOS (we can teach you).
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical thinking, with attention to detail.
Why join us?
Here at Smartbox, we are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, and encouraging all staff to engage in a diverse range of year-round learning and personal development opportunities. In addition, you will work alongside highly motivated colleagues in an environment of strong teamwork whilst also having fun. This is a hugely rewarding role and a career to be proud of where every day you will go home knowing you made a positive difference in the lives of disabled people.
Rewards and benefits
At Smartbox our employees always do their best, which is why we give so much in return. In addition to your competitive salary, private medical insurance, and whooping 25 days of holiday plus public holidays, we ll shower you with perks, including:
- Dress: We want you to feel comfortable in the office, smart casual is perfect.
- Food: You can find free healthy office snacks in our kitchens.
- Hybrid working: Two days a week in the office, for the rest of the week feel free to skip the commute and hit your deadlines from home. Laptop and home working IT kit provided.
- Flexible work schedule: balance is key to innovation, and we want to make sure you are at the top of your game with a schedule that will work for you (prior agreement from your line manager is required).
- Give back to the community: Each year every member of staff will get the opportunity to spend one paid day volunteering for a good cause of their choice.
- You, our best asset: We believe in investing in you and your development. Stay with us and grow with us! We will reward you with more holidays for your long service!
- Wellness: Stretch away the stress every morning with our online trainers, available via our cooperative perk website or hit the gym. We provide gym discounts too!
- Mental health: You will have access to the 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme for a wide range of support, advice and resources about Family, Health, Life, Money and Work.
- Peace of mind: Every employee benefit from a company pension, group life assurance, and income protection.
- Fun: Complimentary theatre and cinema tickets to Malvern Theatres. We organise many free social events including team outings and get-togethers.
- Eco-friendly: You can sign up for a cycle scheme (save 25%-39% on a new bike or E-bike by cycling to work), or lease an electric car through a salary sacrifice scheme after 2 years of service.
- Bonus potential: We work hard and Smartbox recognizes that with a discretionary annual bonus.
- Finances: Enjoy a wide variety of savings and discounts with Corporate Perks. You can save on electronics, food shopping, fashion, fitness, entertainment and all things travel.
At Smartbox, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and equitable work environment where every individual’s unique background and perspective are valued and respected, but how are we doing it?
We are proud to have been awarded Disability Confident Employer status by the UK Government s Department of Work and Pensions. We are also the Founding Partner of Purple Tuesday.
We are committed to ensuring that our recruitment practices are barrier-free and as inclusive as possible. This includes making adjustments during the job application process and throughout your future career with us. Please contact us to discuss any such adjustments that we can make.
At Smartbox, it s not about fitting into our culture it s about adding to it. Our diverse team brings together unique talents and inspires each other to create amazing products that reflect the diversity of our users and customers.
We d love to hear from you
Our ever-evolving team powers the business across the world and brings the next generation of AAC solutions to life. Together we experiment, innovate and create across the full product lifecycle. And, in a collaborative and close-knit culture, we support each other to search for better. We support our community and contribute to a sustainable future for our business and the planet.
Join us as a Software Developer and take our technology and your career into new territories.
If you’re interested in this role, click apply and you will be redirected to our recruitment system to complete your application. We look forward to receiving your application.
Please note that we do not accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies.
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Software Developer job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Software Developer job vacancy in Bristol with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Software Developer job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.