Overview: Service & Support Engineer job vacancy in Birmingham recruiting now
Employer: ADI Group
Location: Birmingham, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
We are now looking for a Service & Support Engineer to join our busy team!
Service & Support Engineer Duties:
- Client liaison and interpreting clients requirements to provide engineering and costed documented proposals where necessary. Producing design specifications when required
- Provide electrical engineering support ensuring that technical standards are adhered to
- Provide technical advice within area of expertise
- Fault finding and investigatory works for wide range of equipment including Automation and Electrical Equipment – understanding of PLC code expected
- Installation and commissioning of equipment
- Inspection works and reports where required
- Out of Hours Support and on-call rota
- Ensuring equipment and installation is fit-for -purpose and adheres to the project budget and schedule.
- Ensuring all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements are observed for Control & LV Electrical Switchgear Panels and Cabling Installations.
- Reviewing electrical engineering designs and supporting technical and commissioning services.
- Backing up of software of PLC, SCADA equipment, site equipment data such as Drive parameters
- Where required, taking responsibility for a team of engineers and training/mentoring junior engineers.
- Where necessary, evaluating, organizing and prioritising work being carried out to support business development activities.
- Provide exemplary service to internal and external customers/clients.
- Communicate, to appropriate people, information obtained on such subjects as customer activities, competitor activities, product applications, problems and opportunities in a timely and effective manner.
- To utilise company systems to facilitate effective communications: e-mail, telephone and fax
- To identify and communicate any problems/barriers affecting realisation of potential business or opportunities for improvements to your manager, with suggestions for resolution where possible. Do not wait to be managed.
- To be familiar with the Staff Guide, Management Philosophy and Leadership Philosophy and live the Company Values. Be aware and understand the company s policies.
- To take responsibility for your own Personal Development Plan (PDP) and assist in documenting good practice.
- To carry out any reasonable tasks in accordance with your position, aiming to add value.
- To acquire and maintain an appropriate knowledge of adi products, services and customer applications, industry and process knowledge.
- To keep abreast of competitor activity and market conditions, pertinent to your specialisation. operate to company and agreed procedures on document handling and other relevant data sheets.
- To operate with high integrity at all times.
- To ensure that at all times you operate within health and safety guidelines, both adi s and site specific.
- Abide by the principals and practices of equal opportunities as laid down in the Trust Equal Opportunities Policy.
- Comply with risk assessments and method statements
- Always use the PPE specified in risk assessments and method statements
- Ensure all operational procedures, safe working practices and Health and Safety procedures are adhered to.
- Comply with customer site rules and security procedures as required
- Be flexible within the broad remit of the post
- Take direction on priorities from the Director, which may vary from time to time
- Carry out any other reasonable projects, tasks or duties to support the business as directed by line management
- Any other duties the Company considers appropriate to your abilities, including duties which would not normally be associated with your job title
If you feel like you meet the above criteria of the Service & Support Engineer, please apply now!
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Service & Support Engineer job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Service & Support Engineer job vacancy in Birmingham with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Service & Support Engineer job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.