Overview: Service desk agent job vacancy in Lancashire recruiting now
Employer: Project People
Location: Lancashire, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Contract
Role: Service Desk Agent
Location: Manchester, fully on site
Type: 6 month+, PAYE, full time
Are you interested in starting a career in IT but don’t have the technical background and experience?
We are currently recruiting for entry level Service Desk Agents for both day & shift work roles on a service desk based in Manchester.
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals with excellent communication skills and customer service experience.
Learn and develop your IT skills on the job with full training provided.
- Being the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone, via email or the portal.
- Logging incidents and service requests reported to the desk via Telephone or email.
- Resolving 1st line support calls, performing remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and investigative questions, escalating to the next level of support as required
- Monitoring of Service Desk incident and service request queues, providing customers with regular updates and escalating critical issues.
- Monitoring and escalation of alerts out of hours.
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven experience in a help desk/Service Desk other customer support role.
- A good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices, and other tech products is desirable.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues.
- Customer oriented and cool-tempered, with a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Able to work under pressure and manage own work with limited supervision.
- Assertive and confident in own decision-making ability.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Reliable with excellent time keeping skills.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Service desk agent job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Service desk agent job vacancy in Lancashire with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Service desk agent job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.