Overview: Senior Software Engineer job vacancy in Edinburgh recruiting now
Employer: Lloyds Banking Group
Location: Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
Senior Software Engineer
Lloyds Banking Group
Edinburgh based (1-2 days per week in the office and rest from home, please only apply if able to work in the Edinburgh location)
Salary & Benefits: £52,912 – £85,982 per annum (depending on experience), plus annual personal bonus, 15% employer pension contribution (when you put in 6%), 4% flexible cash pot, private medical insurance, 30 days holiday plus bank holidays.
We also offer flexible working hours, agile working practices and regular home working. We aim to ensure you have a good work-life balance and positive mental health.
Who are Lloyds Banking Group?
Lloyds Bank are on a mission to help Britain Prosper, and we need your help in achieving our goals. We’re revolutionising our technology, empowering our engineers and rapidly transforming our agile working methods. Come. Join us. Be part of building the Bank of the Future!
Where does the role sit and what will I develop?
The role sits within our Payments & Economic Crime (PECP) Value Stream, where are mission is to promote social well-being for our customers by enabling them to make and receive payments and protect them from fraud and financial crime. We do this by supporting the Business Areas in processing compliant, fast, secure and flexible transaction management services and real time payments and addressing rising threats from social engineering by implementing new and improved ways to meet our customer’s needs.
Your role will be part of a cross-disciplinary feature team in addition to being a highly experienced member of our wider Lloyds engineering team delivery change. As part of these teams, you’ll be expected to demonstrate and apply outstanding software engineering practices and skills, whilst working in a collaborative and agile environment. You’ll learn new skills, technologies and approaches to software development as well as benefiting from a culture that celebrates diversity, equal opportunity and provides opportunities for flexible working.
What would I focus on as a Senior Software Engineer?
Through your team you’ll aim to deliver the highest quality customer driven software whilst continually challenging, motivating, mentoring and supporting the team. We mainly use Java to developing this area.
Example of some specific activities might include:
- Form the core of our design and decision forum, and support colleagues with advice based on your expertise
- Develop technical strategies to transform and modernise our lab
- Identify and build relationships with senior leaders to influence and enable the implementation of your strategies
- Supporting the management of key stakeholders in the business, and also 3rd parties we partner with
- We’re moving to utilise cloud for many of our applications, so you’ll be heavily involved in our move for this area of the business
- Form part of one of our feature teams to define and drive their architecture, assist in daily delivery activity and defend your recommendations at senior architecture forums
- Educate both technical and non-technical colleagues about DevOps topics and articulate reasoning behind key technical decisions
What do we need to see from applicants?
We like people who come from diverse backgrounds that can bring new and challenging ways of thinking to the team. As a minimum to be considered we’ll need to see evidence of the following in your CV’s;
- Strong understanding of an entire application stack, both breadth and depth, and an exposure to microservices technologies, especially Spring boot, JSON, Kafka as well as RESTful APIs and web services
- A good understanding of Git, source code management and managing change
- Knowledge and experience of agile development practices, continuous integration and test automation (e.g. TDD, BDD, Selenium)
- Knowledge of java development standard methodologies and patterns with an understanding of how to craft low-latency, high-availability and performant applications
- Technical understanding of the following: Spring boot, Camel, Maven, GitHub, Jenkins, JSON, Kafka/WMQ, REST APIs, Database SQL, Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience working on any one of the cloud-based tools – IBM Cloud Private, Google GCP, MS Azure, Amazon AWS
Here’s how you’ll make a difference:
- Having an excellent understanding in software development lifecycle is key (preferably the Agile Framework) and should be validated through your experience to date
- Write modular, well tested applications that remain easy to maintain as the codebase and business continues to scale
- Significantly contribute in delivering the strategic solutions for Payment applications
- Ensure software is built in a way that is consistent with the frameworks, patterns and practices that exist across the wider engineering community
- Lead team of engineers, mentor and develop your colleagues, providing clear and constructive feedback, whilst crafting opportunities for learning and growth
Would be great if you also experience/ knowledge of following would be advantageous, but please apply still apply if you don’t have them
- Experience in the Fraud Domain or Financial Services in general, exposure to cloud, or an understanding of Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration
- Experience of technical guidance and mentoring
What will you get in return?
On top of our excellent salary & benefits packages, this will be a stimulating and exciting position with plenty of opportunities for career growth and development. Supported throughout you should be encouraged to take the initiative, establish relationships and make a positive difference to our customers, our colleagues and our communities.
You’ll also work in a particularly exciting area of the bank, so you’ll be surrounded by hardworking and progressive people who will help you develop.
We’ll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform key job functions.
Are you interested in joining our team? Apply today!
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Senior Software Engineer job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Senior Software Engineer job vacancy in Edinburgh with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Senior Software Engineer job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.