Overview: Senior Project Officer – Community Development and Training job vacancy in Gloucestershire recruiting now
Employer: CHM Recruit
Location: Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
Salary: FTE (pro rata £15,600 – £17,680)
Employment Type: Permanent
Our client is looking for a Senior Project Officer to work in the Communities Prepared team. Communities Prepared is a ground-breaking step forward for community resilience for emergencies by empowering and mobilising community emergency volunteers.
ROLE: Senior Project Officer – Community Development and Training (Communities Prepared)
SALARY: Circa £22,100-26,000 FTE per annum (pro rata £ 15,600 – £17,680)
HOURS: 22.5 hours per week
CONTRACT TYPE: Fixed Term to October 7th2021, with possible extension for further 2 years
OPERATIONAL AREA: West of England (with national travel)
LOCATION: Bristol or home working considered
They are looking for an enthusiastic part-time (3 days) Senior Project Officer to focus on leading the training and development element of the programme. The Senior Project Officer will work closely with the programme team, communities and partners nationwide to design and deliver tailored training and support packages that aim to assist communities to prepare for, respond to and recover from a range of emergencies.
The Communities Prepared programme is also coming to the end of its current funding, so this role will also be working with the team to develop and support the transition to the next phase of the programme, as well as helping to shape what it might look like.
- Develop and execute community development strategies to remove long-established barriers to community resilience, including establishing and/or supporting existing proactive community emergency volunteer groups
- Direct delivery of the Communities Prepared Resilience Cycle outlined in the Communities Prepared project bid
- Project manage the set-up, organisation and delivery of Communities Prepared training nationally (currently all delivered online)
- Identify and engage volunteer groups and their coordinators within target communities, in partnership with other organisations
- Re-build partnerships, both at the local level (delivery focused) and more strategically at the national level
- Directly deliver training sessions to communities (including some evening and weekend sessions), utilising a broad range of disciplines and teaching styles
- Deliver Train the Trainer training sessions to partners and clients
- Be willing to undertake a team approach to the project, deputising for the Communities Prepared Programme Manager and supporting other Senior Project Officers
- Provide information, advice and support to people who are facing emergencies and natural disasters within their community, such as flooding, pandemics, snow and heat utilities and community leadership
- As part of the Communities Prepared team, significantly contribute to the collective learning around community resilience, community emergency planning and response
- Develop training materials and other resilience resources which can be used on the Communities Prepared online hub and various other platforms
- Monitor progress against agreed targets and outcomes in relation to community development and training, contributing to reports to the funder and partners
- Represent the programme at conferences and events, both online and in person depending on COVID-19 restrictions. This can include presenting to varied audiences on Communities Prepared topics
- Travel nationally to meet the above duties (when COVID-19 restrictions have been lifted)
In return they offer:
- 25 days FTE per annum plus English Bank Holidays
- A contributory pension scheme
- Scope to continuing development of your professional skills
Our client is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable groups. Inline with their Safer Recruitment & Selection Policy and Procedure, successful applicants are subject to references and an enhanced with barred lists disclosure check
Closing Date: midnight on Monday 3rd May 2021 (bank holiday)
Interview Date: w/c 10th May 2021
To Apply and for More Information:
Please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form and then redirected to the employer’s website where you can complete your application for this position.
CVs will not be accepted. No agencies please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please note that we reserve the right to close applications early in the event of a large response.
This organisation are committed to transforming people’s lives and places through social, economic and environmental action. In terms of development and delivery of these projects they work across three business themes, Parks & Open Spaces, Youth & Employment and Greener Living & Working.
They are committed to the employment and career development of disabled people. To demonstrate our commitment, they have been awarded the Disability Confident Scheme Symbol, which is awarded by the Employment Service. We guarantee an interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the essential criteria for the post. If you consider yourself to have a disability and would like to apply under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme please complete the Guaranteed Interview Scheme form (at the top of our current vacancies page) and submit this with your application. They shall ensure fairness and equal opportunities throughout our workforce and in service delivery.
This is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. They welcome applications from suitably skilled candidates regardless of ethnicity, gender, disability, sexuality, religion or age. A copy of their Equality and Diversity policy may also be made available to candidates on request.
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Senior Project Officer – Community Development and Training job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Senior Project Officer – Community Development and Training job vacancy in Gloucestershire with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Senior Project Officer – Community Development and Training job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.