Overview: Senior Product Designer job vacancy in Cambridgeshire recruiting now
Location: Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
Location: Home Based/Hybrid, Cambridge
Position Type: Permanent, Full-Time
About the RSC
The Royal Society of Chemistry is a not-for-profit organisation whose mission is to advance chemical sciences. As a not-for-profit publisher, we reinvest surplus funds back into the global scientific community, supporting our purpose to help the chemical science community make the world a better place.
The RSC strives to continuously innovate its product and services to adapt to market and customer needs, maintain relevancy and diversify revenues from print journals. This requires a market-led and ‘outside-in’ thinking approach to product and service innovation.
At the Royal Society of Chemistry, we promote a healthy work/life balance and flexible working options across the organisation. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to all employees including:
• 26 days paid holiday per annum
• 35-hour working week with flexible options
• Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
• Paid volunteering days
• Pension plan with up to 12% employer contributions (depending upon your contribution)
• Life assurance at four times basic annual salary
• The role
• We are looking for an experienced and passionate Senior Product Designer to join our growing team to be part of an exciting Digital Transformation programme.
As a Senior Product Designer you and your team will be responsible for creating brilliantly simple, innovative and intuitive digital experiences. You will be a champion for user needs and will advocate across the organisation for a user-centred design approach to solving problems.
You will be fully involved in creating UX and product strategies that aligns with the overall RSC mission and KPIs. You will also help mentor and coach the less experienced members of your team so we continue to grow and improve together.
In this role you will be the ‘voice of the customer’ and ensure the user is considered throughout the design and development process.
What we are looking for:
• experience of working in user experience or product design related roles
• a clear understanding of Human-centred design and Design Thinking and how they are applied to problem solving
• create and apply UX strategies that align with organisational goals
• experience of organising and executing usability testing
• source and analyse insight to iteratively improve user experiences
• design effective user interfaces and justify your design decisions
• experience in creating and maintaining design personas and customer journey maps able to develop excellent working relationships as well as business stakeholders to communicate and deliver on requirements
Please note that internally this role is called Senior UX Designer.
This role is advertised with an open end date and the candidates will be interviewed through July and August 2022. If you are interested in this role, please apply.
You may have experience of the following: Product Owner, Product Manager, Project Manager, Software Product Owner, Business Analyst, Business Analysis, Software Developer, etc.
Ref: (Apply online only)
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Senior Product Designer job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Senior Product Designer job vacancy in Cambridgeshire with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Senior Product Designer job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.