Overview: Senior PR Officer job vacancy in London recruiting now
Location: London, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
Senior PR Officer
– Salary: £35,284 – £37,658pa
– London and we are a hybrid working organisation
As a Senior PR Officer, you will play an important role in planning and delivering integrated national and regional PR strategies to publicise Comic Relief’s year-round fundraising activity, partnerships and the life changing work donations make possible in the UK and across the world.
You will work across a broad and exciting range of projects and campaigns throughout the year that combine the worlds of entertainment, sport, and charity. This will include taking the lead on PR plans Red Nose Day and Sport Relief fundraising initiatives, as well as working with some of Comic Relief’s high-profile partners and well-known brands.
You will need to have a thorough understanding of the UK media landscape, feel confident in approaching journalists with new ideas and have proven success in generating quality print, online and broadcast coverage at both a regional and national level.
The successful candidate will need to build strong, collaborative, and supportive relationships with internal colleagues across the organisation, partners, journalists, producers, talent publicists and colleagues from organisations that receive funding from Comic Relief.
Running Comic Relief’s busy Press Office alongside proactive PR campaigns is a responsibility shared by all team members. You will be required to take an active role in managing media enquiries in a timely and accurate manner, media monitoring and evaluation, and join the on-call rota for out-of-hours and weekend support.
The role will include line management responsibilities and some UK and international travel may be required.
We are looking for a creative, ambitious, passionate, highly organised communicator keen to make a difference and help Comic Relief achieve its vision of a Just World Free from Poverty.
* Develop and deliver creative, national and regional PR strategies that are audience and insight driven, reflect wider organisational objectives and are evaluated against agreed KPIs
* Manage and lead the PR for a varied remit of projects, such as fundraising initiatives for Red Nose Day and Sport Relief, and partnerships, such as government partners and well-known FMCG brands
* Build and maintain strong and collaborative relationships with all key stakeholders including internal colleagues, partners, journalists, producers, talent publicists and colleagues from organisations that receive funding from Comic Relief
* Help to develop new ideas, content and stories for digital platforms and outlets as well as traditional media
* Set up and facilitate national and regional broadcast, print and online media interviews and filming opportunities – brief journalists and spokespeople and accompany spokespeople for interviews as required. This includes Comic Relief colleagues, celebrity supporters and people supported by organisations that Comic Relief funds
* Work closely with internal teams and organisations funded by Comic Relief to tell stories that demonstrate the positive impact donations have in the UK and across the world. This may involve setting up and managing visits with journalists and celebrity supporters
* Draft and ensure editorial excellence in all press materials, such as press releases, statements, lines against enquiry, quotes, interview briefs, and blog
* Attends shoots and events as required to gather assets for PR or manage media attending
* Ensure the smooth and effective running of the Press Office. Join the on-call rota for after hours and weekend cover and take an active role in managing in-bound telephone and email media enquiries alongside the wider team
* Take an active role in team processes such as media monitoring, drafting the morning press update and compiling coverage reports
* Monitor media regularly to identify appropriate opportunities and potential threats to the promotion of the work of Comic Relief. Work to protect and enhance Comic Relief’s reputation and work closely with internal and external stakeholders if issues arise
Essential Skills and Competencies:
* Proven experience of developing successful PR strategies that generate quality coverage
* Experience of working with national, regional, and broadcast media
* Strong, collaborative, relationship building skills
* Excellent communication skills
* Be able to prioritise and multitask well under pressure
* Good understanding of PR evaluation methods
* A commitment to Comic Relief and its core values and a strong team player
Desirable Skills and Competencies:
* Experience of Line Management
* Experience of working with talent/influencers
* Experience of working on high profile partnerships
* Experience of setting up and managing media visits with journalists
Perks and benefits:
– Flexible working hours
– Work from home option
– Wellness programs
– Employee Assistance Programme
– Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
– Paid emergency leave
– Sabbatical Opportunities
– Professional development
– Paid volunteer days
– Payroll giving
– Team social events
– Extracurricular clubs
– Cycle to work scheme
To apply please visit our website via the link and apply online.
Closing: 12:00pm, 11th Jul 2022 BST
Inclusivity at Comic Relief
We recognise diversity and inclusion are a source of strength in achieving our mission. We therefore welcome everyone, trusting what makes us different brings creativity, styles and experiences to help us collectively do our best work. That’s regardless of your gender, ethnicity, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, and cultural identity. We especially welcome those from under-represented groups in modern grant-making and fundraising. We are on a journey, but if you join our team you will be part of a community that is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where we want you to:
· Be valued for being yourself
· Do your best work, and be supported to break down barriers so you can succeed
· Be heard, respected, and treated as an equal, whatever your level, experience or background
· Be part of a team that is committed to making this happen – with our colleagues, partners, and contributors.
Comic Relief is committed to preventing and protecting all people from harm in their interactions with us. We expect all those that act in our name to uphold our approach to doing no harm
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Senior PR Officer job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Senior PR Officer job vacancy in London with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Senior PR Officer job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.