Department of Work & Pensions
To apply for this job please visit www.jobg8.com.
Job Title: Senior Operations Technical Service Manager
Employer: Department of Work & Pensions
Location: Lancashire, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
Reference Number: 220585826
Senior Operations Technical Service Manager: Pay up to 63,517, plus 27% employer pension contributions, hybrid home working, flexible hours, and great work life balance.
- Do you have ITIL Service Management experience?
- Do you have what it takes to manage live services for the UK’s biggest government department?
- Can you motivate a team to deliver a quality service?
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
This is a great opportunity to join our community of experts at DWP Digital as a Senior Operations Technical Service Manager.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join DWP’s Hybrid Cloud Services team.
Our team is taking control of DWP IT services. We’ve no longer using suppliers for our IT Services, and we’ve moved to building cloud native services ourselves. DWP has lots of important legacy systems to consider, so we’re taking a hybrid approach to our cloud hosting.
You’ll be a member of our Service Management senior leadership team. You’ll shape the future direction as we evolve to meet changing service needs.
Delivery. Work. Projects.
As our new Senior Technical Service Manager you will be responsible for the protection of live services. That means managing preventative measures and restoration of services.
You’ll give live product support as well as resolving incidents impacting day to day operations.
You’ll support a wide range of IT services and technologies which vary in scale, age and criticality. The systems we support are integral to the DWP’s management of critical data.
It’s a fast-paced working environment, where we need to respond to change and maintain high standards for our customers.
There aren’t many environments like DWP – it’s a great place to grow your skills and career as part of a supportive community of practice.
What skills, knowledge and experience will you need?
- Experience of a service management framework (e.g. ITIL) and experience in the Service Operations function (Event, Incident, Problem, Change, Release, Capacity, ITSCM and CSI) Leads the investigation and resolution of incidents.
- Evaluate and analyse service performance, including managing actions plans to improve or understand devices.
- Problem Management – Anticipates problems and knows how to prevent them. Understands how the problem fits into the larger picture. Articulates the problem and helps others to articulate the problem. Builds problem-solving capabilities in others. Has lateral thinking capability to dissect a problem to its component parts to identify and diagnose root causes. Able to troubleshoot and identify problems across different technology capabilities.
- Experience of leadership and working with senior stakeholders to ensure the right capability is in place to achieve quality outcomes.
- Experience of identifying, owning and driving continual service improvement in an IT focused service environment.
Details. Wages. Perks.
You’ll join us in one of our brilliant digital hubs either in Blackpool, Manchester or Newcastle.
We also have all the tools and tech we need to enable our people to work flexibly. We work a hybrid model with a mix of home working and sometime in the office.
In return for your skills, we offer competitive pay of up to 63,517
You’ll be eligible for a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions of 27.9%, worth up 17,721 a year.
You’ll get a generous leave package starting at 26 days (rising to 31), plus all the usual bank holidays, and the option to take extra days off on flexi leave.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working, flexi hours and flexi days
- Hybrid working: some time in a hub with the team, some time at home
- Family-friendly policies
- Time off volunteering and charitable giving
- Bring your authentic self to work with ‘I Can Be Me in DWP’
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket
- Sports and social activities
- Working in an award-winning environment and culture
- Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
Click ‘Apply’ for more information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.</p
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Senior Operations Technical Service Manager job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Senior Operations Technical Service Manager job vacancy in Lancashire with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Senior Operations Technical Service Manager job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.