Job Title: Senior Manager of Technical Product Management
Employer: UnitedHealth Group
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Employment Type: Permanent
Reference Number: 55cfc4fd10c2
Optum, the fastest growing part of UnitedHealth Group, is a leading information and technology-enabled health services business. Our teams are dedicated to modernising the health care system and improving the lives of people and communities.
Serving virtually every dimension of the health system, we work with a diverse set of clients across 150 countries – from those who diagnose and treat patients to those who pay for care, deliver health services, and those who supply the cures. Optum maintains operations across North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Middle East. Our innovative partnerships provide technology and tools that enable unprecedented collaboration and efficiency. As a result, we can tap into valuable health care data to uncover insights and develop strategies for better care at lower costs.
Here at Optum, part of United Health Group we’ll put you in the driver’s seat on vital projects that have strategic importance to our mission of helping people lead healthier lives. Yes, we share a mission that inspires. We need your organizational talents and business discipline to help fuel ours. It’s the opportunity to do your life’s best work
About the role:
At UnitedHealth Group and Optum, we want to make healthcare work better for everyone. This depends on hiring the best and brightest. With a thriving ecosystem of investment and innovation, our business in Ireland is constantly growing to support the healthcare needs of the future.
Our teams are at the forefront of building and adapting the latest technologies to propel healthcare forward in a way that better serves everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, we use the most advanced development tools, AI, data science and innovative approaches to make the healthcare system work better for everyone. Join us and do your life’s best work.
You will join a team of data scientists, product owners and analysts who are responsible for building the pricing platform for over $100 Billion of prescription drug spend in the US Market. The team bring integrity, experience and calmness to what is a mammoth business. We have thousands of US clients, each with thousands of FDA approved drug prices to be managed . We are using our predictive models to optimize millions of individual drug prices to ensure we deliver value for clients and ultimately people who are filling over 150 million prescriptions per year .
We are accountable to manage one of the most complex areas of UnitedHealth Group, one of the largest companies in the world. We have to bring initiative, innovative thinking and curiosity to constantly evolve in a highly regulated environment. The changes we make have impact the next day for millions of people in the US market .
Our team culture is built on trust. We give our team the space they need to deliver results and the environment to ensure they can have fun doing it.
As a Senior Manager, Pricing Tools Product Management you will lead product management for the pricing platform with a team of product owners and testers that will ensure the pricing tools deliver value and are built with efficiency and quality.
Join us! Your passion for performance can fuel your life’s best work
- Oversee and maintain product visions, capabilities, and roadmaps for the pricing platform
- Ensure product development addresses highest value opportunities, highest risks and is aligned to strategic business and technical goals
- Ensure the value realization for the pricing tools are tracked and communicated
- Be a thought leader and challenge your team and deliver teams to find innovative solutions to business problems, risks and inefficiencies
- Manage a team of product owners and testing producing the deliverables for which you are responsible
- Report out on progress and ensure practices are in place for regular satisfactory communications
- Oversee and ensure continuous improvement in the team’s delivery practices and quality of their outputs
- Ensure satisfactory levels of internal customer and stakeholder engagement and communications
- Ensure satisfactory testing standards, practices and governance are being applied
- Ensure satisfactory documentation and training is in place for customers and stakeholders
- Ensure that the team works within the Agile framework
- Ensure pricing platform risks are tracked and managed
- Experience Leading a Team
- Experience as an agile product owner and in product management
- SAFE or Scrum agile experience
- Scrum or equivalent Agile certifications
- Project management experience
- A track record of showing leadership and influencing others
- Stakeholder management experience, with strong communication skills and ability to build collaborative relationships across all levels
- Experience working in an Agile environment, including experience working to Agile Processes, Principals & Tools
- Proficient with MS Office, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Team player that is able to successfully manage multiple activities, assess priorities and achieve solutions under tight deadlines for themselves
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Basic SQL
- Experience working in Aha and Rally tools
- Experience working with advanced analytics solutions
- Healthcare industry experience
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people’s lives. This is where it’s happening. This is where you’ll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We’re freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it’s needed. We’re creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location, and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes – an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Senior Manager of Technical Product Management job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Senior Manager of Technical Product Management job vacancy in Dublin with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Senior Manager of Technical Product Management job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.