Job Title: Senior / Lead Software Engineer
Employer: Amber Labs
Location: London, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
Reference Number: 220600760
Role Type: Permanent
Must Be Eligible for SC Clearance
At Amber Labs, we are a cutting-edge UK and European technology consultancy that prioritises empowering autonomy, promoting experimentation, and facilitating rapid learning to provide exceptional value to our clients. Our company culture is centred around collaboration, where all colleagues, regardless of their role, work together to minimise risk and shorten delivery times. Our team consists of highly-skilled cross-functional consultants, analysts, and support staff.
Our clients have the opportunity to earn R&D credits that can be used towards our areas of expertise: Data, Governance, and Cloud Engineering, allowing us to drive customer-focused innovation. Our work extends across both the public and private sectors, providing our colleagues with a diverse and interesting landscape of experience.
- Design and develop robust and scalable backend microservices using Node.js, ensuring high performance, security, and maintainability.
- Collaborate with frontend developers to integrate user-facing elements with server-side logic, ensuring seamless user experiences.
- Work closely with DevOps and infrastructure teams to deploy and monitor microservices in cloud environments, such as AWS.
- Troubleshoot and debug complex technical issues across the full stack, identifying and implementing solutions in a timely manner.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and emerging technologies, continuously suggesting improvements to enhance system architecture and development processes.
- Contribute to the agile development process, participating in sprint planning, daily stand-ups, and retrospectives
Looking for a developer who has these skills:
An experienced lead Software Engineer with excellent commumication skills, who will be able to co-ordinate, manage and plan sprints, tickets and set direction for the team. .
Primary experience in Node.js using API frameworks such as Express.js.
Front-end SPA experience with tools such as React, Angular & Next
CI/CD knowledge and experience
Microservice architecture elements with AWS
Desirable but not essential:
- Join a rapidly expanding startup where personal growth is a part of our DNA.
- Benefit from a flexible work environment focused on deliverable outcomes.
- Receive private medical insurance through Aviva.
- Enjoy the benefits of a company pension plan through Nest.
- 25 days of annual leave plus UK bank holidays.
- Access Perkbox, a global employee rewards platform offering discounts, perks, and wellness resources.
- Participate in a generous employee referral program.
- A highly collaborative and collegial environment with opportunities for career advancement.
- Be encouraged to take bold steps and embrace a mindset of experimentation.
- Choose your preferred device, PC or Mac.
Diversity & Inclusion:
Here at Amber Labs, we are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and equitable workplace for all. Our commitment to diversity, equality, and inclusion includes:
- Valuing the unique experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds of all employees and creating an environment where everyone feels welcomed, respected, and valued.
- Prohibiting all forms of harassment, bullying, discrimination, and victimisation and promoting a culture of dignity and respect for all.
- Educating all new hires on our Diversity and Inclusion policies and ensuring they are aware of their rights and responsibilities to create a safe and inclusive workplace.
- By taking these steps, we are dedicated to building a workplace that reflects and celebrates the diversity of our employees and communities.
This role at Amber Labs is a permanent position, and all employees are required to meet the Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS). Please be advised that, at this time, we are unable to consider candidates who require sponsorship or hold a visa of any type.
What Happens Next?
Our Talent Acquisition team will be in touch to advise you on the next steps. We have a two-stage interview process for most of our consultants. In certain cases, we may include a third and final stage, which is a conversation with the company Partners. This will only be considered if deemed necessary.
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Senior / Lead Software Engineer job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Senior / Lead Software Engineer job vacancy in London with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Senior / Lead Software Engineer job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.