Job Title: Senior Java Software Engineer
Employer: Department of Work & Pensions
Location: Birmingham, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
Reference Number: 221078630
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
DWP is the biggest government department in the UK. Over 20 million people access our digital services every day, and we make payments worth over 195bn every year.
We’re recruiting Senior Java Engineers in our brilliant digital hubs in Birmingham, Leeds, London, Manchester or Newcastle.
We want devs and engineers with the skills to design, build and maintain government digital services that really work for the people that need them.
You’ll write code that changes the face of public services, helps people get the support they need more quickly and easily, and helps transform the future of millions of people.
Delivering World-Class Performance.
We want our Senior Java Engineers to work with freedom and autonomy. We write code and make decisions which shape the future engineering landscape of DWP. Working on either our flagship service Universal Credit or Working Age benefits.
We develop, build and support products and applications as part of multi-functional agile delivery teams, alongside researchers, analysts, designers, architects, testers and more.
Together we use the latest and greatest tools and technologies to build applications and products that work for millions of users.
As well as doing the hands-on stuff you love, you’ll be one of our expert leaders.
You’ll set best practice and build capability among our more junior devs and engineers, and across a supportive engineering community of over 200.
We want you to be at your best too. We’ll give you the tools and time to build your skills and learn new tricks – with coaching, mentoring, qualifications and formal learning, meet-ups or whatever else works for you.
We’re looking for skills, knowledge and experience of:
- A proven track record of building Java applications (minimum version 8).
- Experience of building in cloud-based environments like AWS and Azure.
- An Excellent understanding of TDD and BDD.
- SQL and noSQL database applications such as Postgres, MySQL, and MongoDB.
- The skills to build up a useful, robust automated test suite to support a continuous deployment environment.
- Knowledge and experience of APIs, RESTful services and Microservice Architectures.
Details. Wages. Perks.
You’ll join us in one our brilliant digital hubs in Birmingham, Leeds, London, Manchester or Newcastle.
We also have all the tools and tech we need to enable our people to work and collaborate flexibly. We work a hybrid model with some time at home and some time in the office.
We’ll pay you up to 78,517.
You’ll also get a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions of 27.9% of your salary (between 14,000 – 17,000) and a generous leave package starting at 26 and rising to 31 days.
Our benefits package is built around your work-life balance and includes:
- Flexible working, flexi hours and flexi days
- Hybrid working: some time in a hub with the team, some time at home
- Family-friendly policies
- Time off volunteering and charitable giving
- Bring your authentic self to work with ‘I Can Be Me in DWP’
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Working in an award-winning environment and culture
How to Apply:
Click the apply button and you’ll be redirected to Civil Service Jobs, where you can get full details and submit an application.
Stage 1: Complete an application form with your basic details and upload your CV. We’ll assess your CV for evidence of the required skills and experience.
Stage 2: We’ll send you a coding exercise.
Stage 3: If successful, we’ll invite you to an interview as soon as possible.</p
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Senior Java Software Engineer job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Senior Java Software Engineer job vacancy in Birmingham with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Senior Java Software Engineer job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.