Senior Java Developer
All our business solutions are developed with one thing in mind – to make doing business easier for all our customers. And, when markets change as rapidly and as drastically as they do at the moment, that counts for a lot. It’s the reason our products are valued by so many business customers around the world and it’s also the reason that you’ll make such an important contribution to what we do here.
As a Senior Java Developer here, you’ll be joining a recently formed Centre of Excellence focused on building out Sage’s global commerce platform used by Sage colleagues and our customers. As a developer in this Centre of Excellence you’ll be producing business critical applications using a micro services API led design approach, utilising the latest AWS and Java toolset.
- Be passionate about development and up-to-date with the latest developments
- Relish challenges and problem-solving
- Be keen to develop and share your own ideas
- Able to share knowledge, mentor and encourage others to grow
- Contribute to our culture of respect, innovation and fun
- Define and document technical requirements for:
- Data, workflow and logical processes
- Hardware and operating system environment
- Interfaces with other systems
- Maintain relevant documentation to describe logic, coding/configuration, testing and changes
- Use agile thinking to solve complex development problems
- Join and make a highly visible contribution in a small close knit team of engineers
- Mentor and coach more junior members of the team
- Enjoy the freedom to work on projects you choose on the last Friday of each month. Innovating or improving existing code or processes – it’s up to you!
- Continue your self-development via dedicated learning days and conferences/meet-ups – you might even want to speak at one
Sage is a global company built on the unique personalities and characteristics of 13,000 colleagues across 24 countries. The market leader for cloud-based accounting, financials, enterprise management, people and payroll software, we empower the world’s business heroes. Steve Hare has been recognised by colleagues as the top scoring CEO on Glassdoor throughout the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, due to the high levels of communication and engagement throughout. As a worldwide FTSE 100 company, we do business the right way while giving back to our local communities. By giving each colleague five paid days a year to support the Sage Foundation, they can volunteer in whatever way they feel best. We believe in building a culture where colleagues feel they can bring their whole selves to work, be that in the office or at home with our flexible working initiatives. Where people know they’ll be judged on their performance and behaviours – not their identity. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment and not discriminated against based on their race, colour, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or disability.
Click on the apply link to submit your application directly to the recruitment team