Overview: Senior Infrastructure Engineer job vacancy in Dublin recruiting now
Employer: EQ Select
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Employment Type: Contract
An experienced Senior Infrastructure Engineer is required to join a growing IT operations team to deliver excellent technical support and technical infrastructure projects for a six-month contract.
The ideal candidate will have an MCSE and CCNA qualification and extensive experience working on large technical projects.
- Key focus on repeat problem analysis and prevention.
- Troubleshoot connectivity, routing, and Firewall issues.
- Install, configure, operate, and troubleshoot a medium-sized routed and switched network, including Firewalls, Switches, Routers and VPN connectivity
- To own infrastructure support tickets analysing technical issues quickly and efficiently, escalating both internally and with 3rd party suppliers where required to ensure resolution in a timely fashion
- To provide infrastructure and communications support to the business
- To maintain and develop the company’s externally hosted and managed VoIP telephony system ensuring configurations are in line with businesses requirements
- To maintain and develop the company’s virtualisation, storage and cloud infrastructure providing capacity, resilience and performance analysis and improvements
- To be responsible for the production and updating of IT infrastructure documentation for operational processes, projects, and licencing requirements
- To liaise efficiently and effectively with client IT departments and 3rd party suppliers on operational and project-related technical requirements
- To play an active and supportive role within the IT operations team, participating constructively during meetings, ensuring performance, attitude and output remain at a high level
- To plan activities in line with departmental priorities and direction
- To take responsibility for ensuring systems are configured securely and that the patch management cycle is maintained in line with the organisation’s agreed schedule.
- To ensure Core issues are documented and understood with a key focus on repeat problem analysis and prevention
- To upgrade and configure system software that supports IT infrastructure applications per project or operational needs
- Maintain and develop operational, configuration, and other procedures
- Perform regular performance reporting to support capacity planning
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimisation as required.
- Maintain data centre environmental and monitoring equipment
- To ensure the proactive monitoring and alerting of all systems ensuring any potential or actual core system availability issues are identified and rectified as quickly as is possible
- To be both proactive and reactive to ensure the smooth running of the department
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled maintenance procedures
- To ensure all systems and system data are successfully covered within the backup procedures and that daily backup operations are successful
- To actively participate in the company’s business continuity plans and develop, maintain, and test the Disaster Recovery Plan
- To be responsible for ensuring all systems and systems data are recoverable by means of periodic restoration testing in line with the business’ disaster recovery testing plans
- Working as part of a team, the Senior Infrastructure Engineer will assist in the management of the growing demands of the business by means of proposing solutions in line with the company’s business and system requirements
- To lead approved technical projects relating to the upgrade and enhancement of the system infrastructure from conception through to delivery in order to provide cost-effective solutions backed up by secure processes and policies,
- Provide extended technical support to client deployments, providing complete technical solutions from conception and planning through to implementation and go-live.
- To include the configuration of hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements. Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures. Assist with the installation of new and rebuilding of existing Servers and configuration of hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. when required.
- Technical authority on Windows Server architecture in a clustered, highly available environment
- Authority in Cisco switching and routing technologies
- Experience configuring and maintaining Industry Standard Firewalls (preferably Cisco ASA & IOS) and VPNs (desirable Cisco certification or similar)
- Extensive experience with cloud computing technologies such as AWS/Microsoft Azure
- Extensive experience in configuring and supporting virtualisation technologies, particularly VMware vSphere and Microsoft HyperV
- Experience managing the O365 suite and in particular Microsoft Exchange including both hosted and cloud-based solutions
- Experience in administering Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services and its associated roles and features, such as DNS, DHCP, Group Policy, CA
- Experience supporting Microsoft and Linux server operating systems, as well as Microsoft Windows and desktop hardware in a corporate business environment
- To have previously managed small technical projects from conception through to completion
- Previously worked with backup solutions for VMware vSphere in particular Veeam
- TCP/IP experience and networking skills including working with dynamic routing protocols and VLANs
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
THIS IS A HYBRID WORKING ROLE – PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU CAN NOT TRAVEL TO DUBLIN ON A REGULAR BASIS
Send your CV in the first instance. Interviews are taking place immediately.
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Senior Infrastructure Engineer job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Senior Infrastructure Engineer job vacancy in Dublin with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Senior Infrastructure Engineer job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.