To apply for this job please visit www.jobg8.com.
Job Title: Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Employer: Sullivan Recruitment
Location: London, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
Reference Number: 219845824
As a Senior Geotechnical Engineer in our clients’ London Geotechnical team, you will have the opportunity to broaden your experience and work with a range of public and private sector clients on some key and major projects.
You will be involved in producing design solutions in line with current Eurocodes, reports specifications and drawings covering a range of project requirements within geotechnics.
You will deliver various geotechnical projects and provide technical leadership through leading the team and managing the design work. You will also support projects acting as client liaison and undertaking budgeting and cost control.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Design foundations and substructures associated with underground spaces such as earthworks and slope stability
- Lead in 2D and 3D numerical modelling for soil/structure interaction issues associated with below-ground structures
- Lead in 2D and 3D numerical modelling for ground movement and impact assessment analysis
- Travel to project sites when necessary for project delivery and client liaison meetings
Candidate Specification :
As a Senior Geotechnical Engineer, you are able to direct and deliver multiple concurrent projects on time and within budget.
You ve designed various geotechnical solutions using current standards and Eurocodes and have previously worked on major projects.
With strong interpersonal skills you will be able to liaise with various clients and build professional relationships. You are comfortable with your technical expertise in the geotechnical engineering sector. You re an effective communicator and are able to collaborate with all levels of staff and clients. In addition to this, you are a relationship builder and understand the dynamics of working with a team as well as working autonomously.
As a Senior Geotechnical Engineer, you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Master Degree in Civil Engineering with emphasis on soil mechanics / geotechnics
- Relevant geotechnical experience at least 5 years
- Experiencing guiding engineers in their technical development
- Advanced user of PLAXIS 2D/3D numerical modelling software
- Knowledge and experience in programming (Python, etc.) would be advantageous
- Ability to use your initiative to undertake tasks efficiently and independently.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and team members.
- Excellent written communication and attention to detail and be able to demonstrate accurate technical drawings and good report writing.
Joining their team will give you :
- Competitive salary and benefits package with annual salary reviews
- 26 days holiday per year, rising to 31 days with loyalty days, plus bank holidays
- Hybrid working arrangements
- Fantastic training and development culture
- Opportunity to play a key role in exciting and varied projects
- ICE Training Agreement
- Opportunity to be client facing and the chance to get involved with business development and marketing activities
- Fast-tracked career progression
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Senior Geotechnical Engineer job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Senior Geotechnical Engineer job vacancy in London with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Senior Geotechnical Engineer job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.