Methods Business and Digital Technology Limited
To apply for this job please visit www.jobg8.com.
Job Title: Senior Full Stack Developer
Employer: Methods Business and Digital Technology Limited
Location: Not Specified, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
Reference Number: JSMHOGANSENIORDEV
Since our establishment in 1990, Methods has worked with a range of central government departments and agencies to transform the way the public sector operates in the UK. Our mission is to deliver value to our customers through effective application of digital thinking and technology change. Methods was acquired by ALTEN Plc (a French multi-national Engineering and IT company) in 2022. Our strategy is to deliver profitable, sustainable growth; expanding ALTEN’s Enterprise IT Service capabilities in the UK for both public and private sector customers.
Our TDSE (Technical Delivery and Software Engineering) portfolio is a key part of Methods’ growth strategy, focusing on software and cloud engineering, consultancy, and technical architecture. Our aim is to deliver value by delivering high-quality solutions, built on a DevOps culture and continuous delivery principles to support digital, data and technology transformation. The business has grown rapidly (from startup in 2019 to just under £30m turnover in 2022-3) and targets profitable growth over the next 5 years as part of ALTEN’s global expansion strategy.
Our human touch sets us apart from other consultancies, system integrators and software houses – with people, technology, and data at the heart of who we are, we believe in creating value and sustainability through everything we do for our clients, staff, communities, and the planet.
We support our clients in the success of their projects while working collaboratively to share knowledge and solve problems. Predominantly focused on the public-sector, Methods is now building a significant private sector client portfolio.
Methods was acquired by the Alten Group in early 2022.
Methods is seeking a Senior Developer to join our growing software engineering team. As a Senior Developer at Methods you will be expected to work on client projects delivering high quality software. You will be expected to feed in to design decisions, help promote best working practices, carry out code reviews, take part in sprint ceremonies and be part of meetings with client stakeholders as required. Away from project work you will be given time for personal development and will be expected to keep improving existing skills and learning new technologies. You will also be asked at times to provide input into bids for new work.
Our core technology stack currently includes Java, Node, Python, Go and C#; but we believe in using the best technology for each situation, so we are always trying new tools and learning new languages. You will get to work on a wide variety of projects and learn and work with lots of different technologies.
- Designing and developing high-quality web applications
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to gather requirements and define project scopes
- Implementing innovative solutions to meet project objectives and deliverables
- Working with Front End developers to integrate user interfaces with Back End functionalities
- Conducting code reviews and ensuring code quality and best practices
- Troubleshooting and debugging applications to identify and fix issues
- Sharing knowledge and providing support to other developers
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest industry trends and technologies
- Assisting with writing bids
- Extensive Java development experience
- Experience with NodeJS development
- Experience developing secure web services and RESTful APIs
- Experience of software testing best practices (TDD, BDD)
- Familiarity with relational and non-relational databases
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment
- Familiarity with cloud platforms (AWS, Azure or GCP)
- Knowledge of web accessibility and associated tooling
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritise tasks
This role will require you to have or be willing to go through Security Clearance. As part of the onboarding process candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard; details of the evidence required to apply may be found on the government website Gov.UK. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed, or rejected.
- Have you lived in the UK for the last 5 years?
- Have you travelled outside of the UK for more than 28 days in the last 12 months? If yes, please ask for further details: Dates, location, reason for travel
- Have you had any extended periods of travel over 3 months in the last 5 years? If yes, please ask for further details: Dates, location, reason for travel
- Do you have dual nationality or any former nationalities?
- Are you willing to go through the vetting process for SC?
this will be discussed with you at interview.
This role is mainly home-based with occasional travel to the office.
Methods is passionate about its people; we want our colleagues to develop the things they are good at and enjoy.
By joining us you can expect:
- Autonomy to develop and grow your skills and experience
- Be part of exciting project work that is making a difference in society
- Strong, inspiring, and thought-provoking leadership
- A supportive and collaborative environment
As well as this we offer:
Development – access to LinkedIn Learning, a management development programme, and training
Wellness – 24/7 confidential employee assistance programme
Flexible Working – including home working and part time
Social – office parties, breakfast Tuesdays, monthly pizza Thursdays, Thirsty Thursdays, and commitment to charitable causes
Time Off – 25 days of annual leave a year, plus bank holidays, with the option to buy 5 extra days each year
Volunteering – 2 paid days per year to volunteer in our local communities or within a charity organisation
Pension – Salary Exchange Scheme with 4% employer contribution and 5% employee contribution
Discretionary Company Bonus – based on company and individual performance
Life Assurance – of 4 times base salary
Private Medical Insurance – which is non-contributory (spouse and dependants included)
Worldwide Travel Insurance – which is non-contributory (spouse and dependants included)
Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
Travel – season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme
For a full list of benefits please visit our website.
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Senior Full Stack Developer job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Senior Full Stack Developer job vacancy in Not Specified with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Senior Full Stack Developer job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.