Overview: Senior Electronic Design Engineer – Altium – Communication protocols job vacancy in Surrey recruiting now
Ref: JSELEC DES CON
Employer: Tiger Resourcing Solutions Ltd
Location: Surrey, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Contract
Senior Electronic Design Engineer – Altium – Communication protocols
To successfully design, simulate, test and document the electronics and electrical engineering aspects of Our client’s products fulfilling Our client’s and the Projects requirements. Writing sub-system Requirements and the management of them forms part of the role. The role may include the supervising of medium to high value project work involving other team members within the company.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Full technical responsibility for designs produced by self and supervised engineers.
- Take ownership of the Electronic/Electrical Design Engineering project plans and updates
- To capture engineering sub-system requirements and identify suitable validation techniques.
- Produce detailed estimates of design content of proposals and development programs and assist in the compiling of manufacturing cost estimates.
- Assume the role of Project Lead’ for specific projects, as requested
- Assist in recruitment of staff when required.
- Continually improve processes and act as technical mentor to others.
- Responsibility for electrical, electronic engineering to fulfil customer or development requirements, through design, component specification, prototype, testing and full documentation stages.
- Ensure good communications both verbal and written are maintained with Management with regular reporting of problems and resources required to meet planned objectives.
- Ensure good communication with other groups, Software, Systems, System Test, etc.
- Provide technical assistance and advice to Management during bids and proposals.
- To assess the validity of the various design and manufacturing proposals – for maximum cost effectiveness on the particular project.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- HND or Degree in Electronic Engineering or similar relevant subject or equivalent supported by extensive relevant design experience.
- Membership of Professional Institution
- MSc Electronic Engineering or similar relevant subject or equivalent supported by extensive relevant design experience
- Chartered Engineer – CEng or equivalent
- PRINCE 2 Qualified
- Significant experience in an Electronic Design Environment.
- Designing products for an industrial/harsh environment
- Experience of writing subsystem requirements and other technical documentation.
- Recent experience of using Altium.
- Embedded design experience.
- Simulation experience of high speed designs.
- Experience of designing products to thermal constraints.
- IVVQ experience of products.
- Working in a commercial environment.
- Extensive experience in an Electronic Design Environment
- Experience in a supervisory role.
- Experience of using SAP and PLM
- Experience of using DOORs
- DTC, DFM and DFT experience.
- Experience of using Hyperlinx/Ansys simulation tool.
- Experience of designing HW in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Experience designing products using Gbit Ethernet, USB, SPI and I2C.
- Previous demonstrable experience of designing revenue collection equipment, vending machines or similar equipment would be highly desirable.
- Experience of using OrCad.
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Senior Electronic Design Engineer – Altium – Communication protocols job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Senior Electronic Design Engineer – Altium – Communication protocols job vacancy in Surrey with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Senior Electronic Design Engineer – Altium – Communication protocols job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.