Overview: Senior Editor – Rheumatology job vacancy in London recruiting now
Employer: Shenley Recruitment
Location: London, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
Senior Editor – Rheumatology, Central London
£42,000 to £45,000 p.a.
Benefits include: 25 days holiday with option for 30 days, Pension, Season Ticket Loan, Free Gym, Dental Plan, Share Option, Private Medical, Eye care Vouchers, Childcare Vouchers, Life Assurance, Private Medical Insurance, Long Service Award, Good Maternity leave & Shared Parental leave scheme, Employee Discounts with Dell/Apple/Vodafone and many others and Occupational Health insurance.
Global Research and Publications Company in Central London requires a Senior Editor to work on a new monthly journal focused on Rheumatology committed to publishing peer-reviewed Research Articles, Editorials, Comments, and Correspondence that contribute to advancing public health and policy-making worldwide. The journal is both online and produces 12 issues per year in print.
- Developing and maintaining links with the international rheumatology medicine and critical care communities, and scanning the current literature to aid in the identification of suitable material and authors for the journal.
- Commissioning material for the journal as required, and organising and conducting interviews.
- Organising peer review of articles and other written material and negotiating with authors, keeping to journal timelines.
- Writing editorials, news items, and other material for the journal or website.
- Sub-editing material from all sections of the journal to improve clarity of expression, and to conform to journal style, and the limits of the space available.
- Checking galley proofs and cross-reading journal pages, both as paper copies and on screen.
- Attendance at conferences and other events, to represent the journal, to identify suitable topics and Authors and to keep up to date with current developments in rheumatology medicine and critical care.
- Checking of monthly website updates and selection of material for homepageAssist with press releases as required.
- Participate with online strategies.
- Suggesting and helping to develop new initiatives for the further development of the journal.
- Such other duties as may be necessary from time to time (e.g. covering for other team members during holiday and sickness absences).
- Meet daily, weekly, and monthly targets while doing other tasks.
- Other tasks consist of attendance at weekly meetings with Editorial and the Production department.
- Adherence to highest standards and the journal s agreed approach.
- Checking format of all articles.
- Checking data for accuracy, use of SI units, and clarity of presentation.
- Checking proofs and pages for whole journal content.
- Master or Phd qualified
- Peer reviewed publications
- Previous editorial experience within the medical field
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Senior Editor – Rheumatology job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Senior Editor – Rheumatology job vacancy in London with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Senior Editor – Rheumatology job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.