Job Title: Senior Development Engineer
Employer: william martin
Location: London, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
Reference Number: 221092438
Senior Development Engineer
Location: Remote – London
Salary: £400 per day
Job Type: Full time
William Martin, part of the wider Marlowe SRC division, are at the forefront of revolutionising health and safety compliance solutions. With a mission to foster compliance, resilience, and success, we take pride in being the go-to partner for businesses navigating the complexities of regulatory landscapes.
Our dedicated team of professionals merges deep industry knowledge with cutting-edge tools, ensuring that our clients receive tailored support to meet and exceed compliance standards.
Join us in crafting a future where compliance is more than just a necessity; it’s the bedrock of sustainable and flourishing businesses. William Martin Compliance is not just your safety partner but also your pathway to success.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced senior developer to be responsible for overseeing junior developers on projects and supporting various developmental duties. The responsibilities will include writing storyboards, writing code, analysing data and contributing to the design and implementation of software.
The senior developer will be collectively responsible for the development and validation of products, systems and components in the replatforming of the core product, analysing and directing recommendations for problem resolution in the overall design of the new platform and will work to improve the performance and efficiency of existing products and provide support to BAU.
To be successful, applicants should demonstrate great skills in creativity and innovation, an ability to thrive in a high-pressure environment, and possess excellent communication skills. Applicants must have extensive experience in Agile software development using Node:JS, be able to keep up to date with deadlines, and have strong numeracy and analytical skills.
- Performing coding assignments which provide reusable, testable and efficient code.
- Designing and implementing low latency, high availability and performant applications.
- Integration of data storage solutions.
- Implementation of security and data protection.
- Reviewing code work for accuracy and functionality.
- Creating and implementing design plans.
- Analysing code segments regularly.
- Delegating to team members.
- Plan multiple projects simultaneously. Estimate, track and complete projects on time and within budget / estimation.
- Ability to understand the development required to enable the design requirements to be delivered.
- Adept at creating coherent story boards for consideration and approval by the Architectural Review Board.
- Analyse design specifications and applicable regulations / legislation and apply into product.
- Define the functional analysis of the design specifications (based on standards) into clear product criteria.
- Standing up services and environments in Azure and AWS and working server-side with new technologies.
- Support the creation and maintenance of process documentation associated with the design and analysis process.
- Support the Solutions Architect about specifications knowledge and product robustness if required.
- Participate in design reviews.
- Use tools to gather data on systems performance.
- Use gathered data alongside subjective evaluation to identify parameter changes to drive desired change in the systems performance.
- Define, plan and actively involved in software development and evaluation.
- Undertake special projects as required.
- Contribute to continuous improve activities.
- Quality control of own, junior staff and others work through reviews.
- Attend various meetings and action / communicate instructions.
- Product written reports and make presentations as required.
- Undertake continuous training and development.
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems.
- Lead groups of Engineers and Technicians if required.
- Provides guidance and advice to other team members.
- Train both team and broader organisation members.
- Represent work team at reviews and cross-organisational team meetings.
- Liaise and communicate with other departments.
- Work with other team members and the wider technology team.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Develop technical relationships with key suppliers and staff.
- Comply with the Health and Safety and Environmental Policies.
- Assertive, optimistic, resilient and welcome change.
- Proactively contributes to the team and has a collaborative approach to working with others.
- Is self-aware.
- Shows moral courage, openness and honesty in all dealings.
- Good team working skills.
- Self-motivated, flexible, proactive and committed.
- People Management
- Relationship Management
What you will need
- Exercise substantial initiative / judgement in work methods and interpreting goals.
- Work independently and is reviewed infrequently with minimal supervision.
- Self-supervising within the guidance and expectations of the business.
- Strong time management skills.
- Analytical and numeracy skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail.
- A creative, logical approach for generating new ideas and solutions, with the ability to transition through to software development.
- An excellent grasp of technical software development throughout the full life cycle.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to plan and organise through multiple project phases.
- An understand of wider business demands and imperatives.
- Strong IT skills including software detailed below.
- Able to effectively train the working group effectively and support work teams within the work group.
- Ability to write convincing proposals and reports with all necessary backup material for external and departmental consumption.
- Very knowledgeable in all technical areas of software development and development operations and an ability to achieve high levels of proficiency in the projects in a short time.
- Ability to manage their own and the work group s workloads and balance resources as appropriate and prioritise work as appropriate or challenge when demands are being made which do not fit in with the current schedule.
- Ability to estimate cost and resource for assigned projects.
- Ability to present options and persuasively advocate for proposals.
- Ability to work with vendor s technical teams.
- People management ability.
Qualifications and Experience Levels
- Relevant Computer Science / technical degree preferred, or ONC, A Levels, BTec Diploma Level 3 or equivalent NVQ level 3 qualification.
- Membership of a technical related Professional Body would be advantageous.
- Will require extensive hands-on programming experience of Node:JS. Other programming languages (PHP, .Net, Python, SQL) would be advantageous.
- Experience with JIRA, GitHub, Draw.IO, Figma, Miro, DevOps and security profiles would be advantageous although training can be given.
- Ability to understand legislative and regulatory demands on software development.
- At least 5 years strong programming experience in Node:JS.
- Consistently demonstrates extremely high levels of technical knowledge, ingenuity and creativity.
- Strong knowledge of HTML and web frameworks.
- Integrations and API construction experience.
Why join us?
People are at the heart of everything we do. By putting people first, we invest more in developing them alongside creating career growth opportunities and advancement across the division. It is our priority to ensure our employees feel valued and inspired and we commit to supporting you every step of the way.
Our clients expect the best from us, and we expect the same from our colleagues. This is why we offer a wide range of fantastic benefits to support you in both your personal and professional life.
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Voluntary private medical
- Simply health care plan
- Gym and retail discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Quarterly charity days
- Religious holiday swap
- Car maintenance scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Life learning online learning materials
- Support with professional membership costs
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Senior Development Engineer job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Senior Development Engineer job vacancy in London with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Senior Development Engineer job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.