Overview: Senior Data Engineer 56731 job vacancy in Middlesex recruiting now
Location: Middlesex, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
Become a key member of the Sky Media Advertising Technology team using technology and data to deliver a great customer experience and optimal monetisation of advertising inventory.
What you’ll do:
- Continually integrate existing and new data sources across the AdTech Domain
- Design and build scalable batch processing and ETL pipelines for data analytics.
- Work extensively with GCP and its best in class services.
- Recommend on tools, technologies on standards and good practice.
- Work side by side with our customers and partners in an agile environment to create great outcomes.
- Support during testing and transition into live use.
- Work with Application Engineers to share this data across Sky.
- Continuously improve and optimise the performance and cost effectiveness of our data platform.
What you’ll bring:
- Strong programming background with solid Python and SQL skills. DBT is a bonus.
- Commercial experience with ETL and corresponding tooling either with a 3rd party tool or from one of the public cloud vendors.
- Data Engineering in a public cloud environment including cost optimisation. Extra points for having Google Cloud Platform experience.
- Knowledge of orchestration tools and Cloud monitoring systems like Prisma or ELK.
- BI tools such as Tableau or Looker would be an advantage.
- Experience of applying CI/CD and Infrastructure as Code principles to Data Engineering
We’re the Product Hub. We’re the team behind your favourite Sky products, and the platforms that power them. We make every moment magical, everywhere. Our team is made up of self-motivated, big thinkers who have a knack for solving problems and find new ways to captivate millions of customers by putting them at the heart of everything we do. From Sky Glass, Sky Q, Peacock and NOW to news and sports apps, we make entertainment even better and we can’t wait to get started on what’s next.
Content Technology and Innovation
Our Content Technology and Innovation team delivers high-quality content to homes, customer devices, businesses and commercial partners across our European markets. With over 2500 colleagues from around the world, we combine our strategic insights, engineering know-how and operational excellence to use the most innovative technologies to create and distribute our award-winning content.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about . Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
How you’ll work:
We know the world has changed, and we want to offer our employees the chance to collaborate at our unique office spaces, whilst enjoying the convenience of working from home.
We’ve adopted a hybrid working approach to give more flexibility on where and how we work. You’ll find out more about what this means for this role during the recruitment process.
Your office base:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There’s also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we’ve been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we’ve committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We’ve also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Senior Data Engineer 56731 job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Senior Data Engineer 56731 job vacancy in Middlesex with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Senior Data Engineer 56731 job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.