Overview: Security Engineer job vacancy in London recruiting now
Employer: Beacon Platform
Location: London, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
About Beacon Platform: Beacon was founded in 2014 by Kirat Singh and Mark Higgins, industry leaders in building and designing enterprise-scale trading, analytics, and risk management platforms. Beacon Platform enables financial institutions of all sizes to operationalize front-office development at enterprise scale on the cloud. The Platform consists of Beacon Front Office Suite for cross-asset management of trades, positions and risk, and Beacon Core, an integrated development and operating platform that enables quants and software engineers to collaboratively develop and continuously deploy business solutions. Beacon’s open architecture and transparent source-code model empower clients to achieve their business goals while maintaining unparalleled ownership of the full technology stack. Beacon is a collaborative and innovative team with over 250 employees headquartered in New York, London, Berlin and Tokyo. Flexible working hours and location are supported.
We are looking for an experienced Security Engineer to join our Core and Platform teams, and help to establish a dedicated security team. You will get to work on making security on the Beacon Platform visible, tractable and usable. Whether automating vulnerability detection and upgrade cycles as part of engineering workflow, observing and learning from network events, surfacing security issues, or designing secure but low-friction access mechanisms, you know what is needed and have the skills to build it.
You have experience in both offensive and defensive security measures, and know when to flip between them. Working with all the teams at Beacon, you are equally comfortable with nitty-gritty in engineering as you are with ensuring everyone can understand the reasons, limits and constraints that come with the territory. Since Beacon Platform is an integrated development and runtime environment, you will get to define how we meet both security and compliance needs, without either compromising the other.
Working closely with reliability and productivity engineering, your skills will help everyone to develop and maintain a system our clients can rely on. If you know what combining security with high-grade usability takes, we want to talk to you!
- Build software, tooling and practices to continuously improve security everywhere at Beacon
- Infuse the expectation of secure-by-default into everything you come in contact with
- Make visibility and early detection of relevant security matters a baseline feature across the entire stack
- Expose cloud vendors’ security events natively within the system in a self-serviceable fashion
- Apply solid engineering and automation principles to ensure security is an integral part of Beacon’s development workflow
- Share your knowledge, help and mentor others, and allow them to rely on themselves instead of you
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in systems and security engineering
- Experience working in a SaaS environment
- Intimately familiar with Linux and orchestration runtimes
- At home with Agile development, DevOps mentality and Continuous Delivery
- Professional paranoia
- Lives and breathes modern – and emerging – secure development practices
- Happy with Python, but always ready to pick up the right tool for the job
- Ability to work in a creative, fast-paced environment
- A degree in CS is preferable, but not strictly necessary
- Constant drive for usability
About Us: We are smart, curious people who want to work in an environment that respects all of our lives and interests. This means we all care about and respect the boundaries of work-life balance — but when we work, we work hard and with great attention to detail.
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Security Engineer job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Security Engineer job vacancy in London with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Security Engineer job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.