Overview: Scientific Software Development Engineer job vacancy in Midlothian recruiting now
Location: Midlothian, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
Scientific Software Development Engineer
You will join us as a Scientific Software Development Engineer who would like to pursue, or is already pursuing, a career in software development.
Scientific Software Development Engineer Responsibilities:
• You will be part of a team researching and developing engineering or geological models to improve and represent the structure, physics and engineering principles around the modelling of oil and gas fields.
• We require people who can work on any or all of the following activities: algorithm development, graphical user interface design, system architecture, and general full stack Windows development.
• You will interact closely with our petroleum engineering and structural geology specialists as you help to develop core science, algorithms, and workflows in our world-leading suite of products.
• The company will support your personal development to allow you to deepen your knowledge in the physics and engineering around oil field modelling, and the science of geological modelling.
Scientific Software Development Engineer Requirements:
• A good advanced degree in Physical Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Geology, or Computing Science.
• Sound programming experience including: C, C++, and / or Fortran.
• Comfortable operating in deadline driven environment.
• Must possess good numerical, problem solving, and organisational skills.
• Additional technical competency across a selection of the following disciplines may be beneficial:
o GUI development using .Net Technologies (C#, WinForms or WPF), or Qt / QML framework, or HTML5
o GPU development for the solution of algorithmic problems (OpenCL, CUDA)
o Machine learning and AI
o 2D / 3D graphics development; OpenGL, OpenGL Shaders, VTK, OSG, Vulkan
o CI experience; JIRA, TestRail, TFS, Git, Jenkins, csh / bash, batch files, cmake, PowerShell.
About Petroleum Experts:
Petroleum Experts is an industry leader in developing and delivering state of the art engineering software products and superior technical support to oil and gas industry. We are also a leader in the field of structural geology, and creators of Move™, the best-in-class upstream O&G 3D structural modelling product. We have an impressive, broad range of clients worldwide, including all major operators as well as service and contract companies. We operate globally from our head office in Edinburgh, Scotland and US offices in Houston and Lafayette.
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, EH7 4HG
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Benefits: We offer an exceptional package which includes salary, performance related bonuses, other benefits and relocation assistance (where applicable). The company encourages and structures its salary based on personal performance and contribution to the success of others.
You may have experience of the following: Scientific Software Development Engineer, Software Development Engineer, Software Developer, Software Engineer, Scientist, Physics, Engineer, Engineering, Scientific Software Engineer, Scientific Software Developer, etc.
Ref: (Apply online only)
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Scientific Software Development Engineer job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Scientific Software Development Engineer job vacancy in Midlothian with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Scientific Software Development Engineer job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.