Overview: Scientific Editor job vacancy in London recruiting now
Employer: Redwood Publishing Recruitment
Location: London, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
Are you looking to start your career in scientific publishing? Our client, a highly respected medical membership society, specialising in biological journals is looking to appoint a Scientific Editor to join their experienced team. This role will support the development of high-quality content for their journals through commissioning specific authors for a variety of content such as original research articles, reviews and front matter content. This is a fabulous role for someone who is highly qualified in biological sciences and who is either looking for their next step in journal publishing or their first step into scientific editorial work.
Reporting to the Head of Journal Development key responsibilities will involve but are not limited to:
- Conducting in-depth bibliographic research, liaising with teams across the organisation to identify hot topics, trending authors and well cited papers for briefing Editors and the journal development team.
- Identifying and attending meetings to conduct commissioning activities in-person as well as giving talks about the organisation s work, their journal portfolio and publishing best practice.
- Attending regular Editorial Board meetings and Editor meetings to set commissioning targets
- Working with the journals sales team to identify institutions with Publish and Read deals which can be targeted for commissioning content
- Monitoring the wider publishing landscape, including competitor journals and open research platforms.
- Contributing to the publishing panel which implements strategic decisions for the journals and the open research platform.
The successful person will be educated ideally to a Masters or PhD level in a bio-sciences subject or relevant experience from a journal publishing background. You will have the ability to manage and build important relationships with key individuals and stakeholders at all levels and the ability to conduct presentations and influence a diverse range of stakeholders. Strong project management experience is crucial to this role as is the ability to coordinate conflicting priorities and work to tight deadlines. Some experience in journal development or commissioning is highly desirable as is a knowledge of scholarly communications.
This is a super role which offers career progression and development and the opportunity to put your stamp on the role. For further information, please send your CV and a short cover note outlining your salary expectations.
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Scientific Editor job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Scientific Editor job vacancy in London with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Scientific Editor job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.