Overview: Sales Executive – Logistics job vacancy in Manchester recruiting now
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
Sales Executive – Logistics
Full Time – Permanent
26,000 – 28,000K basic, plus uncapped bonus
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Sales Executive ideally with 3 years experience in the logistics industry.
Working pattern: Monday to Friday
Hours: 9:00am – 5:15pm
Based: Trafford Park, Manchester
PRINCIPAL PURPOSE(S) OF THE ROLE:
Experienced in Market research with the key objective of identifying new business opportunities. Cold calling prospective clients, to make appointments for the sales representatives. Key responsibilities are the utilisation of the sales database, and inputting new information to ensure opportunities are maximised. Preparation of quotations, proposals, company literature, PowerPoint presentations and mailshot campaigns. Working as part of the sales team, to feedback on market knowledge of rates, products as well as competitor analysis.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS ROLE:
* Cold calling is essential daily to ensure that there are enough new prospects generated to identify any business opportunities.
* Assisting with quotations may be requested by the sales executive, all quotes must be logged onto the sales database.
* Building a database of prospects by commodity to send out regular mailshots.
* Appointments must be fully qualified with credit checks, company profile, directions to appointments and client overview form completed with the appointment confirmed prior to calling.
* Maintaining files of prospects and schedules calls for future opportunities in the sales database.
* Ensuring that all data in the CRM system is entered correctly and progressed to a conclusion.
* Creating a central holding point for all sales information where the sales team can access data, i.e., Presentations, training guides etc.
* Weekly Report in conjunction with the salesperson outlining new prospects added, appointments secured and weekly overview of the strategy/market conditions etc.
* Pipeline updated with all new prospects and appointments made
* Monthly Report from internal sales meeting format to be developed.
* You will complete a monthly sales report on new business gained.
* You will assist in the weekly sales reports of your sales executive and report your target appointments on a weekly basis.
* Targets will be 8 appointments per week meeting the “Ideal Client” criteria set up in the Sales procedure handbook.
Skills and Abilities
* Cold calling experience required.
* Time management skills are essential.
* Experience in working in a target driven environment.
* IT Literature, MS office skills, and PowerPoint experience essential
* Product knowledge of different trade lanes and services, within the freight forwarding market
* Proficiency with sales database.
* Ability to work as part of a team, developing new product awareness where required.
* Experience in freight quotations and or proposals.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Horizon Recruitment is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy and is an equal opportunities employer
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Sales Executive – Logistics job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Sales Executive – Logistics job vacancy in Manchester with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Sales Executive – Logistics job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.