Overview: Sales & Events Executive job vacancy in Stirlingshire recruiting now
Employer: UNIVERSITY OF STIRLING
Location: Stirlingshire, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
Full time, Open ended
The closing date for applications is midnight on Sunday 28 August 2022
Interviews are expected to take place on Thursday 01 September 2022
There is an expectation that work will be undertaken in the UK
This post may be eligible for sponsorship based on candidate s circumstances. For the purposes of sponsorship, this is a role under SOC code 3542
The University of Stirling recognises that a diverse workforce benefits and enriches the work, learning and research experiences of the entire campus and greater community. We are committed to removing barriers and welcome applications from those who would contribute to further diversification of our staff and ensure that equality, diversity and inclusion is woven into the substance of the role. We strongly encourage applications from people from diverse backgrounds including gender, identity, race, age, class, and ethnicity.
Welcome to University of Stirling Venues and our attractive rewards package:
Starting salary £23,532
Holidays: 39 days per year
Company Pension Contribution: 21.6%
Discounted gym membership
Grow your career
Why University of Stirling Venues?
University of Stirling Venues has a positive, professional and fully supportive Sales & Events team who deliver high-quality events and conferences on the University of Stirling campus. From first initial enquiry to waving goodbye as our satisfied clients, we are involved with every stage of our customer s journey and we aspire to deliver the difference every time. Joining our team will give you the training, development and support you need to succeed in a career in events, conference and leisure. This role will provide you with daily variety and the opportunity to contribute and make a difference to the delivery of our products and services and to the contribution to the University surplus for future investment in our student experience.
Description of Duties
Based within the Stirling Venues team, you will maximise revenue opportunities from a range of commercial activities including conference, events and accommodation. You will frequently interact with a range of customers and guests to earn repeat and expanded business through support in the delivery of a first class customer experience.
As Sales and Event Executive you will perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Receive and convert incoming enquiries to achieve targets and maximise revenue
- Seek opportunities to increase sales and conversions within the Team
- Manage an events schedule to maximise yield
- Focus on a consistently executed up-selling approach
- Build strong relationships with customers to fully understand their needs and ensure they are delivered to the highest standards
- Arrange and carry out show rounds/familiarisation visits
- Ensure the complete administration and execution of all planned events, conferences and bookings from enquiry to after sales call
- Participate in promotional activities to support sales and marketing plans
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of products, facilities and services available to prospective customers
- Carry out any other reasonable request by senior management
- Negotiate on price, costs and service delivery to ensure best possible results for both customer and organisation
- Research new business prospects from a range of sectors
- Educated to HNC level or equivalent. Where no formal qualifications are held, experience of working within a sales environment in the hospitality/tourism sector
- Experience of front line working within customer facing environment and ability to deliver first class customer service Experience and competence in using a variety of IT systems
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Superb communication and organisational skills
For a full description on essential and desirable criteria please click the Apply Now button.
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Sales & Events Executive job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Sales & Events Executive job vacancy in Stirlingshire with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Sales & Events Executive job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.