Overview: Sales Engineer job vacancy in Not Specified recruiting now
Location: Not Specified, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
The Sales Engineer role works in partnership with the Business Developer Manager (BDM) with the object of winning new Travelport customers. Assisting the qualification of prospects and the development of new opportunities. Presenting and demonstrating the technical capabilities of Travelport products and solutions. The role combines Travelport portfolio/technical knowledge with sales skills.
Requires a deep understanding of prospect’s technical requirements, developing a solution that uses a range of Travelport products, gain technical closure from the customer and thus drive sales revenue to meet regional goals. The Sales Engineer, through direct participation, supports regional sales initiatives which require technical input.
The role is crucial in improving the new business win ratio and differentiating our value proposition from that of our competition.
- Support the BDM to qualify prospects and develop new opportunities, articulating the TVPT Technical Capabilities and Products
- Assess initial Client requirements and qualify the opportunity before engaging other resources (e.g. the Solution Consultant)
- Work across all partners and stakeholders in the region, in addition to the Product and other central organisations to ensure solutions are viable, sustainable and add commercial value to our sales efforts
- Develop strong relationships with the customer’s high-level technical people
- Take responsibility for customer satisfaction issues from a technical perspective
- Build strong relationships with customers (both internal and external) and third party suppliers
- Develop and execute upon strategies and plans with the prospect and relevant partners
- Actively participate in the new business planning process
- Be the technical expert in the formulation of bids, RFIs, RFPs, RFQs.
- Interact and communicate pro-actively with Sales and Account Management
- Act as a technical coordinator between local market and Head Office
- Enable delivery of innovative and revenue generating solutions enabling business competitiveness
- Contribute to solutions innovation including the technical impact of third party integration, local scripting and customisation
- Identify and investigate opportunities to use emerging technologies in providing cost effective and flexible solutions
- Responsible for technical solution during the sales cycle
- Assist with knowledge transfer and positioning of Travelport technologies to customers, partners and third parties
- Deliver product and technology briefings.
- Design/architect solutions that match Travelport’s technologies/services to customer needs
- Provide demonstration/proof-of-concept where required
- Ensure completeness of solution and suitability to customer’s requirements.
- Showcase the TVPT platform including technical and product Capabilities. Run Client Product Demo and attend customer roadshows and trade events to win new business
- Lead by example and evangelise of Travelport Product proposition
- Proven track record of technical sales
- Able to build and maintain in-depth product/solutions knowledge of market trends in aligned technology
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of technical standards, development methodologies, technical trends and innovations in the industry, including knowledge of the competitor’s solutions and products and other solution providers products within the travel industry
- Able to present the benefits, key features and functions across all Travelport products and services to a technical customer audience
- Proven technical skills which enable the navigation and resolution of complex technical issues within a customer account
- Able to maintain network of key contacts throughout the business, developing relationships across other Travelport Functions to ensure the best use of resources and knowledge
- Strong customer communications skills, written, oral and face-to-face, including excellent presentation skills, both planned and ad-hoc
- Ability to relate to customer issues and apply solutions to meet the needs of customer specific environments
- Profound knowledge of Travelport product portfolio and the ability to integrate these products seamlessly into customer booking and ticketing process
- Proven experience of APIs
- Educated to Degree level
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a technical and commercial customer facing capacity
- Experience of working in a multinational matrix organisation within the technology and /or travel sector
- Presence and credibility with the ability to build effective relationships and influence at all levels within an organisation, including individuals not under their direct control or within their immediate team
- Able to multitask and prioritise within a continuously changing environment
- Able to build and maintain rapport with all levels of the organisation and, where appropriate, manage stakeholders across different cultures
- Dynamic and self-motivated with high level of energy and enthusiasm
- Able to think strategically and challenge current technical thinking
- Enjoys the challenges encountered in selling complex technology in a competitive environment
- Self-confidence that translates well for customers, partners and colleagues
- Proven project management skills
- A team player that can add value technically but also commercially
- Able to learn quickly and to think on one’s feet
- Articulate in local language and English (verbal and written)
- The Sales Engineer is required to work within a complex and continuously changing environment with multiple priorities, liaison being required with many areas of the company, particularly Sales, Consultancy, Product Management, Technical, Project Management and Operations
- The Sales Engineer must have a good understanding of the external environment of the travel industry generally from a technology perspective.
- It is critical that the Sales Engineer can analyse and understand the customer and market in which it is operating in order to match the right value proposition to the client.
- The Sales Engineer is required to use their network, industry and market knowledge to monitor developments and work closely with the Business Development Director and key internal functions in order that this information is used to ensure commercial success and profitability
- The Sales Engineer will be an expert in customer business processes, and Travelport products and services. They will ensure that the customer understands the functionality and value of the product in order to achieve their goals and objectives.
- Achievement of new business targets
- Improved win ratio
- Quality of solutions delivered to our customers
- Compliance with Travelport’s technical process
- Adoption of Travelport technologies by our customers and subsequent increase in Travelport revenues
- Customer satisfaction and feedback
- The role requires close collaboration with the Business Development Managers and is required to liaise internally with most Travelport departments including Product, Solution Consultancy, Operations and Technology
- Externally the role has significant interaction with customers, suppliers and third parties at Senior Management level as well as technical influencers and decision makers
- The Sales Engineer is required to align their priorities and responsibilities with other Travelport organisations, as appropriate, particularly Technology and Sales
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Sales Engineer job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Sales Engineer job vacancy in Not Specified with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Sales Engineer job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.