CBRE Enterprise PJM
To apply for this job please visit www.jobg8.com.
Job Title: Regional Energy & Sustainability Manager
Employer: CBRE Enterprise PJM
Location: London, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
Reference Number: 220597596
Position Title: Energy & Sustainability Manager
Location: UK (Preferably London), Mainland Europe (Central and Western)
The purpose of this position is to provide support in the development and implementation of an Energy and Sustainability Plan assisting our GWS client in their ESG and Carbon Net Zero journey.
This role will provide leadership and advice in relation to a range of aspects related to general sustainability related with decarbonization and energy transition, resource conservation, real estate related environmental legislation, real estate related sustainable procurement , stakeholder engagement and behaviour change.
The progress, achievements and challenges will be internally reported to the Regional and Global Sustainability Director and Account Directors.
Overall Key Activities & Responsibilities
Ownership of Energy & Sustainability Agenda across the allocated sub-region contributing to the clients overall Sustainability & Decarbonisation strategy.
Act as the trusted advisor and support in the development, implementation and performance review of the sub-regional Energy and Sustainability Plan which will include, but not be limited to, energy and water efficiency and asset replacement/upgrade, operational waste and recycling, sustainable procurement and legal compliance related to Facility Management operations. The Energy & Sustainability plan shall translate the client’s decarbonisation strategy into an action plan and road map and drive execution within defined timelines and deliverables.
Actively establish, drive and manage works in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders to deliver and implement best practice processes, procedures, templates, specifications and guidelines for all workstream types mentioned above.
Support training and development of internal stakeholders to identify cost optimisation and sustainability projects but also identify individual development and up-skilling need withing the team.
Identify needs and roll out of stakeholder awareness campaigns, user engagement and communications to support client’s sustainability goals.
Energy & Water Efficiency
- Ensure the effective management of energy resources to meet client’s objectives and targets.
- Develop and consolidate programmes from different stakeholders in energy and water efficiency, renewable / alternative energy and water sources.
- Ability to plan and manage resource efficiency audits in line with EED & ESOS requirements, ASHRAE level 2 and best practice in water audits.
- Plan metering roll-out across the region to support data improvement plans and support implementation of M&V plans.
- Understand asset condition assessments, resilience and continuity of business.
- Perform feasibility assessments and proposals for implementation of resource efficiency, renewables, business continuity and resilience projects.
- Identifying suitable technical partners and forming relationships with third party vendors across the region.
- Able to critique, work on, manage and extract information within large data sets working collaboratively with central data analytics team and obtain meaningful information from data provided.
- Conduct research and development on new opportunities and innovation including industry changes, market demand, new technologies and product development.
- Able to motivate and train people in natural resource efficiency.
- Develop, capture and share best practices across the division, sector and accounts.
- Capable of identifying and implement new resource efficiency related opportunities.
- Ability to support the formation of client plans to achieve carbon neutrality or net zero.
Resources and Circular Economy
- Develop, manage and deliver basic waste streams audits in line with industry best practice.
- Identify and drive initiatives that will support achievement of client’s objectives and targets for resource conservation and waste reduction.
- Develop and implement training which explicitly outlines client’s waste and resources objectives, raises awareness of client commitments and expectations across the enterprise, and creates a clear understanding of required support from janitorial, engineering, and technical service teams.
- Support the development or enhancement of sourcing programs focused on space (e.g. pantry), material types (e.g. reusable food service ware), and operations and maintenance (e.g. recycling, composting, and green cleaning) that will help reduce landfill waste and increase recycling rates globally.
Legal Compliance & Building Certifications
- Working experience in supporting and managing energy and carbon legislation in UK and EU .
- Working knowledge of building certifications i.e. LEED, BREEAM, NABERS, WELL, TRUE ZERO WASTE, Green Star, Energy Star, etc.
- Be able to extract value from such regulations and certifications into the Sustainability planning programme.
- Support with engagement teams for environmental related volunteering events.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information.
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive issues.
- Results orientation
- Decision Making
- Attention to detail and strong organizing skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Initiative and problem solving
- Client Service Orientation
- Business Awareness
- Leadership capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from four-year College or university. Minimum of five years of related experience and/or training. Preference for Master’s in Environmental Science, Sustainability or related discipline.
- TRUE Advisor or LEED accreditation preferred. Training and accreditation part of development and performance.
- Carbon footprint reporting experience or training preferred.
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Regional Energy & Sustainability Manager job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Regional Energy & Sustainability Manager job vacancy in London with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Regional Energy & Sustainability Manager job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.