Overview: Python Developer job vacancy in London recruiting now
Employer: Resource Solutions – Legal & General
Location: London, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Contract
Legal & General are currently looking for a Python Developer to join their Business Technology and Transformation department. The role holder will be specifically assigned to the team managing the re platforming of the lifetime mortgages platform.
This team manage the entire end to end process and not just the implementation of analytics and economic calculations. They also collect and manipulate data from the output of the third-party software to transform it into something accessible for the end user.
- Provide designs and assist with the business requirements gathering of risk management analytics functionality.
- Lead the steering of requirements for Business Unit what-if requests and action these using the AlgoOne system, suggest innovative ways to implement model requests.
- Ensure analysis and requirements are detailed enough to implement solutions right first time, track changes to requirements and impact analysis to timings and plans. Own and drive business analysis of changes to modelling within LGRI DevOps.
- Help integration engineers develop customised solutions and modules in a range of development tools.
- Implement reporting models and tools, and steer internal groups to deriving new pricing/risk management algorithms and approaches.
- Strong Python programming – candidates must be a strong developer above all else and have proven experience to demonstrate this.
- At least 5 years’ experience in roles that involved extensive use of Python (ideally within financial services).
- Proven history of good software design.
- Excellent writing and communication skills and relationship management skills.
- Experience in valuation of assets.
- C++ and/or C# experience.
- Strong knowledge of mathematical modelling.
- Extensive experience in modelling of financial instruments and risk management.
- Experience with Linux.
- Quantitative knowledge.
- Good Data Science capabilities.
- Initially a temporary contract for 27 weeks, with a view to extend, as current project deadline is March 2023, however further work will be required after this date.
- Day rate of up to £800 (dependent on experience, inside of IR35 and uplifted rate of 18.55% will apply if going via an Umbrella company).
- The role will be predominantly remote based with occasional travel required to the L&G office in London (One Coleman Street) for collaborative purposes (team currently meet around twice a month). Candidates must currently reside in the UK and have valid right to work in the UK.
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Python Developer job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Python Developer job vacancy in London with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Python Developer job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.