Overview: Project Change and Engagement Manager job vacancy in Middlesex recruiting now
Employer: HOUSE OF COMMONS-3
Location: Middlesex, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
The Strategic Estates (SE) team in Parliament takes great pride in caring for and improving the buildings of Parliament, as custodians of the Parliamentary Estate. Strategic Estates are part of the House of Commons service; however, it provides services to the House of Lords as well. We operate on a working World Heritage site which attracts visitors from all over the world, in a challenging stakeholder environment where conservation and the need to innovate and build for the future coincide.
We deliver a large portfolio of projects and programmes across the Parliamentary Estate. We need to initialise and plan these, determine dependencies, provide quality assurance and report to customers and stakeholders.
The SE Portfolio Management Office (SEPMO) is a trusted and collaborative partner, leading best practice in the management of the portfolio, supporting project prioritisation and delivery. We provide an integrated approach, manage interdependencies and provide analysis and reporting, working in close harmony with the corporate Enterprise Portfolio Management Office (EPMO).
The team is central to the success of a large portfolio of infrastructure and maintenance projects, directly linked to supporting a thriving parliamentary democracy. With so many change initiatives happening within Strategic Estates, the change and engagement team in PMO is there to ensure the views and voices of our customers are considered in project delivery.
The Project Change and Engagement Manager will work as part of the SEPMO team to oversee key stakeholder management and engagement activities within programmes and projects across our portfolio acting as the bridge between project delivery teams and their customers and stakeholders.
The postholder will lead the work on change and engagement and stakeholder management, support Project Leaders in developing and implementing their activities to help in their project delivery. They will work with House staff, Members (and their staff) of each House and third parties to introduce the changes and prepare them for the project roll out.
The post also has strong links with the Communication and Engagement teams in SE to ensure the correct processes are followed, along with quality standards, alignment and co-ordination. The post will ensure a structured and managed way of stakeholder management, engagement, change management and communications.
Skills and Experience
- Proven ability to form effective working relationships with diverse key stakeholders, customers and end users helping projects and programmes to help enable success in delivery advising on appropriate engagement and change management tools and best practice.
- Experience in stakeholder management and engagement, building positive relationships with the confidence, analysing user needs and requirements and developing solutions to meet the objectives of both the stakeholders and projects/programmes.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills with proven ability to explain complex technical and construction-related information and issues to a lay person clearly and meaningfully.
- Ability to supervise and motivate staff including mentoring, role modelling House values, and developing talent supporting junior colleagues and project leaders. Adhering to the principles of equality, diversity, and inclusion to do this.
- Demonstrates good planning and organisational skills to ensure workload are prioritised and delivered to very high standards understanding the principles of excellent customer service.
- Proven ability to deal with conflicting priorities, fluctuations in workload and managing limited resources.
The following is desirable for this role:
- Professional change management, project/programme management qualifications e.g. APMG Change Management, APM, Prince2, MSP, Agile etc.
If you would like to apply for this role, please submit an application form demonstrating how your skills and experience meet all criteria on the Job Description.
More information on the role and the full criteria can be found on the Job Description
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Project Change and Engagement Manager job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Project Change and Engagement Manager job vacancy in Middlesex with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Project Change and Engagement Manager job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.