ASSOCIATION OF COMMONWEALTH UNIVERSITIES
Overview: Programme Officer job vacancy in London recruiting now
Employer: ASSOCIATION OF COMMONWEALTH UNIVERSITIES
Location: London, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
£29,646 – £34,135
Fixed-term post for 5 months
35 hours per week
London WC1H: Hybrid working, with around 40% of your time per month being office based
The Programme Officer is an exciting opportunity to administer the Commonwealth Futures Climate Research Cohort programme. The post-holder will manage the effective administrative support for the delivery and development of the Commonwealth Futures Climate Research Cohort programme, including working closely with the Programme Manager on project management and administration, stakeholder engagement and communications, the organisation of virtual and in-person events, financial monitoring, and monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) processes.
The ACU is an international organisation dedicated to building a better world through higher education.
We believe that international collaboration is central to this ambition. By bringing universities together from around the world – and crucially the people who study and work within them – we help to advance knowledge, promote understanding, broaden minds, and improve lives.
We champion higher education as a cornerstone of stronger societies, supporting our members, partners, and stakeholders as they adapt to a changing world.
As Programme Officer your responsibilities will include:
- Lead on the administration of the Commonwealth Futures Climate Research Cohort programme
- Support the Programme Manager with programme monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL), including financial monitoring and reporting
- Support the organisation and delivery of virtual and in-person events related to the programme
- Manage the logistics of international travel and event attendance for programme participants
- Support the Programme Manager with the development of the programme
- Actively seek opportunities to showcase and promote the programme and the programme participants
- Where applicable, support wider ACU activities related to research capacity strengthening
Some of the skills you need to be able to demonstrate include:
- Strong administrative and interpersonal skills including verbal and written communications
- Experience of data management and reporting skills
- An ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritise and meet deadlines
- Experience of managing logistics of in-person and virtual events
- Experience of computer-based work with tools such as Word, Excel, Office and relevant instruments An ability to work within and across teams for effective delivery
- Methodical approach and close attention to detail
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Ability to identify and solve problems effectively
- A commitment to ACUs mission, values and role
Our benefits include 31 days holiday per year (including 4 Christmas closure days) plus bank holidays, competitive pension scheme (10% employer contribution plus 5% employee contribution), season ticket loan and excellent support for learning and development through a range of educational and networking activities.
At the ACU, we welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of gender, race, religion, marital status, disability, age, and sexual orientation.
As Programme Officer you will be employed by ACU Trading Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary.
Successful candidates must be able to start no later than 1 st March 2022.
How to apply
- Closing date: Monday 31 st January.
- Interview date: W/c 7 th February.
To apply, please visit our website via the button below.
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Programme Officer job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Programme Officer job vacancy in London with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Programme Officer job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.