Overview: Programme Manager job vacancy in Cumbria recruiting now
Employer: Blueprint Recruitment Solutions
Location: Cumbria, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
Our client are a well-respected market leading engineering consultancy who currently have an new opportunity for a Programme Manager to join them on a permanent basis just outside of Carlisle. The successful candidate will work alongside Project Engineers and Project Managers to oversee the delivery of large, complex engineering/construction projects.
The role of Programme Manager will initially define and implement the planning approach and then run planning going forward. This could be one person in a transitional role or a short-term role to get the change implemented handing over to someone to manage day to day.
PHASE 1 – Organisational Change
- Research, specify & implement a suitable resource planning tool
- Produce & implement new planning processes and procedures
- Deliver organisational change to take the planning function through to maturity
- Candidate should have experience of implementing a planning process and software from start to finish
- Bring planning for 4 disparate units together into 1 resource pool.
- Define key metrics and KPI’s that will be tracked & reported
PHASE 2 – Ongoing Delivery
- Responsible for planning all people, facilities and asset usage
- Full/part time based at Spadeadam but with oversite of other units
- To act as the gatekeeper for all resources
- Understand previous experience & competence, across the team, to ensure we have the right skill set supporting the right projects.
- Resources to be planned based on client priorities, site priorities and other project dependencies to achieve a balanced delivery on a portfolio containing a variety of multiple large (multimillion GBP) complex projects, much smaller turnkey pieces of work, capital investment projects and site maintenance.
- Work the plan so that it achieves revenue targets and highlights areas of concern in achieving targets
- Work with bid teams to produce proposed plans for bid work to ensure it fits in the capacity plan and any constraints can be accommodated in the proposal and planned for in advance of work starting.
- Highlight areas of over or underutilised resource and the reason why – e.g., skillset
- Produce recommended resource levels for all areas – people, facilities and assets
- Working with PM on projects to react to changing circumstances such as equipment breakdown, absence, late delivery of consumables/equipment, change in client’s dependencies to maximise output & efficiency
- Communicate impact onwards to delivery teams
- Produce a detailed resource schedule that can be used operationally, optimising use of site resources.
- Strong stakeholder management skills would be required to interact with a diverse group of stakeholders at all levels.
- Understand the impact of planning on operations and financial performance.
- Identify behavioural, operational issues and trends impacting organisational performance and efficiency & opportunities for continuous improvement
- Work with the Senior Management Team to recommend actions, agree strategy, driving & communicating change.
What’s on offer?
- Salary of up to £70k
- (26 days of annual leave + opportunity for up to 10 days unpaid leave, sabbatical leave, flexible working options)
- Wellbeing benefits (inc Private Medical and Dental Insurance, Health Assessments, Gym allowance and free fruit)
- Pension Scheme: employer-matched pension contributions (employer contribution – up to 9%)
- Travel benefits (inc Season Ticket Loan and Cycle to Work Scheme)
- Life Assurance and Group Income Protection benefits
- Electric Vehicle Salary Sacrifice Scheme (for personal use)
- Re-imbursement of relevant Professional Membership Fees (up to £500)
- Access to employee retail discount site for high street and on-line shopping
- Company contribution towards; eye tests and glasses (for computer/laptop users), and Flu Vaccination
For further information on this opportunity, please contact Molly Brown on or email Alternatively, please apply directly using the “Apply” option below.
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Programme Manager job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Programme Manager job vacancy in Cumbria with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Programme Manager job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.