Overview: Programme Delivery Manager job vacancy in London recruiting now
Location: London, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented Programme Delivery Manager to join a leading UK charity in a new permanent role.
We’re looking for a candidate with a technical background, a minimum of 5 years demonstrable experience within IT Project Management and the skills and experience to report on and control a complex portfolio.
This role requires a diverse skill set and the successful candidate will lead and coach the projects team, manage third party/supplier relationships, handle escalations to ensure project delivery is on time and on budget and write and present reports, to Executive level and to an exceptionally high standard.
The programme Delivery Manager will also develop and implement best practices to enable the successful delivery of IT and change projects across the organisation and be responsible for cost and benefit management, programme and project planning including milestone management and risk and issue management.
- Manage and build the project delivery function to deliver and further develop the project delivery management strategy and processes.
- Be responsible for tracking and reporting on the full IT project portfolio – circa. 200 projects per annum
- Reporting to include project risks, issues, timelines, resourcing and dependencies.
- Develop, administer and report on the project budgets that are included within the IT Project Portfolio budget.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of the IT Strategy.
- Support prioritisation of conflicting project deliverables and customer requirements.
- Manage, recruit, lead, motivate and develop staff in accordance with HR policies and procedures.
- Programme manage critical transformation programmes and project manage specific projects as required.
- Proactively deliver continuous improvements in all project management processes and delivery approaches.
- Lead project delivery quality reviews.
- Review project lessons learnt and ensure key actions are driven through the department and future projects.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Extensive experience and demonstrable success in managing transformation projects and delivering them to agreed time, cost and quality criteria
- Extensive experience of successfully implementing project management processes and running a project delivery or project management office function
- Significant practical project management experience (with a recognised qualification such as Prince II) including experience of managing project documentation including budgets, project plans, RAID registers, and project status reports
- Ability to lead and facilitate workshops and meetings to support the successful delivery of projects
- Ability to summarise and organise information coupled with the ability to produce clear and concise documentation to support project delivery
- Demonstrable ability to manage the continuous review and improvement of service delivery across a complex unit or multiple functions
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and negotiate at a senior level, and develop strong, successful, collaborative and influential working relationships at all levels of seniority within an organisation and with external service providers
- Demonstrable excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the proven ability to communicate complex ideas/processes/procedures to both technical and non-technical stakeholders in a clear, effective and professional manner
- Proven strong financial management skills with previous experience of managing budgets, developing spending plans, and delivering financial reporting as required
- Proven strong experience of successfully managing employees to deliver objectives, developing and training staff and actioning performance management processes where required
Desirable Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- A recognised Programme Management qualification such as the “Managing Successful Programmes” (MSP™); Qualification
- Experience within a similar sector
- A good understanding of Microsoft technologies
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Programme Delivery Manager job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Programme Delivery Manager job vacancy in London with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Programme Delivery Manager job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.