Overview: Product (UX/UI) Design Lead job vacancy in London recruiting now
Employer: GlobalLogic UK&I
Location: London, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
Product (UX/UI) Design Lead
We are GlobalLogic, a Hitachi Group Company.
Based across 14 countries, GlobalLogic is a leader in digital engineering. We help brands across the globe design and build innovative products, platforms, and digital experiences for the modern world.
By integrating experience design, complex engineering, and data expertise – we help our clients imagine what’s possible and accelerate their transition into tomorrow’s digital businesses.
At GlobalLogic, we have a phenomenal track record of successfully delivering ground-breaking Cloud & Digital Transformation programmes and we have an international reach working with a wide variety of projects and customers. Our approach enables companies build the exceptional and be fit for purpose in the 21st century.
We hire based on personality, potential, and enthusiasm to make a difference, then we give you the tools and skills you need to follow your own path. You’ll benefit by gaining exposure to a wide range of tools and technologies that you can then put into practice and become certified on various Cloud (and related) technologies that will help you to develop your own toolkit. .
We are looking for a Product Design Lead who is passionate about communication and storytelling, to join our fast-growing team of Design consultants. Working within the Design and Engineering Delivery team, the Product Design Lead will be involved with both Client activities and contribute towards internal activities such as mentoring, skills sharing, as well as opportunities to work on internal projects and collaborate with other companies within the group, including Method.
About the role and responsibilities:
As a Product Design Lead, you will work closely with our clients and GL Design Team to conceptualize and build seamless user experiences that support our clients. You will use your knowledge and unique expertise to help shape product direction and turn ideas and concepts into workable designs. You will produce wireframes, prototypes, style guides and hi-fidelity designs to explore, experiment and ultimately advocate for simple, elegant solutions to complex problems. In this role the Product Design Lead will be someone who is both hands on, delivering project work but also comfortable providing design leadership.
- Working with the Specialist Capability Lead – Design to define best practices of the sub-discipline within Design.
- Leading your customers and their projects in all things Product Design.
- Input into and implement the processes and ways of working through which Product Design will be executed.
- Input into and implement Product Design outputs and deliverables standards.
- Be able to oversee designers at client site where required.
- A key contributor in thought leadership around the Product Design discipline.
- Circa 7+ years experience delivering products, with recent roles being senior or lead positions with an in-house Design team or at a Design or consulting agency.
- Experience of leading a range of team sizes from project specific to discipline teams.
- A portfolio that highlights your approach to problem solving coupled with your skills in product design
- Experience designing and solving for complex workflows
- Deeply customer-focused, you always strive to understand who you are solving problems for
- Comfortable working across the entire design process including user research, concept development, wireframing, prototyping, testing, and of course, crafting the final UI
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate design decisions across different audiences and varying levels of a business
Why GlobalLogic UK&I?
Our goal is to build an inclusive positive culture where everyone can feel comfortable being themselves, empowering people to create their own high standards and therefore more value. We work together to promote fairness while recognising, valuing and embracing differences – providing a transparent support structure and generous training budget to help our people develop skills to progress their career. Our region supports a hybrid model which can flex across a wide spectrum of working options determined by business, customer and individual needs.
We are an equal opportunities employer. It is our policy to promote an environment free from discrimination, harassment and victimisation. We are proud signatories to the Tech Talent Charter which was created because solving the diversity problem in tech requires a collective effort across companies and sectors.
You’ll benefit from a comprehensive health and wellness plan, private healthcare (clinical and mental wellbeing), discounted gym memberships, and in office yoga sessions and massages. We offer a fantastic benefits package including a competitive pension scheme and recognition schemes through bonus/reward initiatives. Colleagues are entitled to an annual volunteering day – so you can take time to support a cause close to your heart. We also love to stay social at our trips to the zoo, quiz nights, sports events, theatre trips and much more.
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Product (UX/UI) Design Lead job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Product (UX/UI) Design Lead job vacancy in London with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Product (UX/UI) Design Lead job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.