Job Title: Proactive IT Support
Location: Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
Reference Number: 220375198
About A-SAFE & The Role:
Innovation has been a watchword for A-SAFE since the company s very beginning, with the business being the inventor and manufacturer of the world s first industrial strength polymer barrier safety system.
The business continues to pioneer game-changing workplace safety technology to this day, supplying to warehouses, factories, airports, car parks and other industrial workplaces worldwide. A truly global business, A-SAFE is headquartered in the UK and has 17 subsidiaries internationally, including Germany, France, Italy, Netherlands, Scandinavia, Belgium, Spain, USA, UAE, Japan and Canada, as well as a host of trusted global partners.
This means the business is represented in more than 65 countries worldwide. A-SAFE operates state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in the UK and maintains global distribution networks and facilities globally, allowing the business to provide innovative solutions to the world s largest and best-known brands including Nestlé, Coca-Cola, BMW, 3M, Heathrow Airport, Unilever, Amazon and Jaguar Land Rover.
Supporting over 500 users, you will have at least 2 years previous experience working in a 2nd Line Support role. You will provide on-site and remote IT support for our UK and global entities.
You will also assist the IT Support Desk by providing proactive monitoring for the purpose of futureproofing day-day operations, avoiding disruption, resolving issues before they arise.
You will work closely with our existing IT and Digital teams, supporting all projects efficiently and on time.
How you can help us:
- Be the first point of escalation, resolving issues or escalating further where a resolution cannot be provided immediately.
- Provide global end-user hardware and software support in and out of hours as required.
- Purchase hardware/software in order to meet requirements, ensuring stock is controlled and assets managed in line with current processes.
- Respond to user queries/tickets in a timely manner in line with companies service level agreements.
- Ensuring internal/external users have the correct permissions and privileges.
- Install and configure all hardware and related software; replacing/repairing elements of hardware as required.
- Reduce number of support tickets we recieve by providing proactive support.
- Free up Support Desk to allow time for project work as well as providing addtional support as and when required.
- Reduce unplanned downtime and costs.
- Improve security, efficiency, and productivity.
- Prevent minor issues from becoming catastrophes.
What we would like you to bring to our team:
- At least 2 years prior experience within a 2nd line IT support role.
- Provide end-user support for Windows 11, MacOS, Office 365, Active Directory, Defender, Azure, Intune mobile device management.
- Have the ability to problem solve within a technical environment. Strong communication skills. Strong customer service approach, a team player with the ability to work in a dynamic work environment.
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of FreshDesk Support Desk software or similar.
- Domotz network monitoring administration.
- General knowledge/administration surrounding: PowerShell commands, Flow, Power Automate, public cloud including Azure AWS Digital Ocean, Veeam, Druva, Aruba switching and SonicWALL firewalls, Hyper-V and Windows server environments.
Our values are at the core of everything we do:
- We are Pioneers
- We are in it Together
- We do the Right Thing
This is a great opportunity to join us at a time of rapid growth.
We offer a fast-paced, energetic and creative environment, working with the latest technologies.
We have a great track record of developing talent, offering ongoing training, professional study support and career opportunities.
Our benefits package includes competitive salary, 33 days holiday, pension, flexible start & finish times, flex long-weekend scheme, the option to buy & sell holidays and free secure parking.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE. We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by us will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee.
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Proactive IT Support job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Proactive IT Support job vacancy in Yorkshire with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Proactive IT Support job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.