Job Title: Principal Structural Design Engineer
Employer: ATS Recruitment
Location: Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
Reference Number: 220757540
Principal Structural Design Engineer
Salary up to Negotiable (Depending on Exp) + vehicle + fuel card + benefits
Our client is a leading global professional services firm with 27,000 employees in more than 550 offices in more than 120 countries on seven continents. They are proud of the quality tailored solutions they provide to their clients which generate high volumes of repeat business over the years.
Our client is currently seeking a Principle Senior Structural Design Engineer to join their established team based in the Milton Keynes area. We are looking for candidates that are seeking to progress their career to principal level across a variety of different sectors primarily on low to medium rise residential builds and structural investigations.
Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Assist Associate Director / Director in management of structural Engineering team.
- You will be responsible for management of projects and the team
- Responsible for managing the finances of each project, along with preparation of quotations, invoicing
- Managing staff and other consultants, developing the team of engineers and technicians
- Working with senior stakeholders and clients
- Carry out site visits and undertake structural surveys, investigations and repair schemes for structures from fires to foundation issues.
- Ideally you will be experienced in the design of foundations, masonry, concrete including detailing, steel and timber structures to Eurocodes.
- Experience in the residential buildings including traditional construction as well as framed structures.
- You will be commercially aware with knowledge in financial management of projects, development of clients and ability to assist in the project appointment process.
- Be experienced in structural investigations of low-rise residential properties, medium rise residential and commercial markets.
- Preferably experienced in structural investigation and reporting in relation to Building Safety Act .
- Be familiar with Tekla software (Tekla designer and Tedds) and ideally with Autocad/Revit
- Show strong leadership skills to establish authority and influence both internally and externally to the company.
- Demonstrate previous Management experience would be advantageous
- Have the ability to make decisions
- Be motivated with initiative and comfortable with autonomy with an appetite to drive innovation
- Degree (or equivalent) in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Ideally Chartered with ICE, or IStructE or equivalent or progressing towards chartership.
- Employees are rewarded with competitive salaries, opportunities to invest and many other benefits including:
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Option to purchase up to 5 extra days per year.
- Company pension scheme
- Share Incentive Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Health Screening
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Professional Memberships and commitment to on-going professional development.
- Flexible, friendly and creative environment to develop your skills and challenge yourself.
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Principal Structural Design Engineer job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Principal Structural Design Engineer job vacancy in Buckinghamshire with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Principal Structural Design Engineer job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.