Overview: Principal Product Manager, Product Compliance job vacancy in London recruiting now
Employer: Discovery Communications
Location: London, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
Discovery’s Direct to Consumer (DTC) group is a rapidly growing organization focused on developing new, innovative, and immersive digital products and content for iconic brands, including discovery+. We are working at the crossroads of technology, entertainment, and everyday utility. We tell engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day and bring new interactive experiences to life to not only entertain but improve the lives of our customers.
Critical to this mission is ensuring that our customers can trust that we will hold a high bar for data privacy, accessibility, consumer protection, and local regulatory requirements in each region where our services are available. Discovery’s Product Compliance team sits within the DTC organization, with a mission to ensure our digital products meet all Legal and Compliance requirements to safely and effectively operate in all available markets worldwide.
We are hiring a Principal Product Manager to lead the development and management of international compliance-related features with the best customer experience and Discovery’s values in mind. This role reports directly to the Head of Global Compliance within the Direct to Consumer Product organization and will have a growing portfolio of product ownership.
As a Principal Product Manager, you will collaborate with legal, program, UX, and engineering partners to ensure that we understand and incorporate local compliance requirements into our international feature launches. You’ll partner with core product teams to share learnings from international launches and provide competitive analyses on market practices in the EU and UK.
You will own delivering locally compliant features for areas such as accessibility, data privacy, digital rights management, parental controls, and more. You will work on the cutting edge of emerging tech and policy in a rapidly growing media space. If you are passionate about building meaningful customer experiences at scale, join our purpose-driven team.
- Partner with Product, Engineering, Data, Business, Privacy, and Legal stakeholders to determine legal and compliance requirements and technical capabilities.
- Lead the product planning, development, and roadmap for legal and regulatory compliance driven product feature areas for our international expansion efforts.
- Develop and drive risk assessments and prioritization frameworks for international product compliance initiatives.
- Partner closely with legal stakeholders and act as primary product expert on EU and UK regulatory requirements across Discovery’s DTC product lines.
- Collaborate with regional stakeholders to understand and document regional and country specific compliance requirements. Translate those into transparent and scalable customer experiences.
- Act as lead product contact for compliance related inquiries, project managing response actions across internal teams.
- Own executive reporting on key goals and metrics for your projects.
- Develop audit and customer feedback strategy for legal and compliance issues.
- Advise and train product and engineering teams on building compliance by design into all launches.
- Proactively identify potential risk areas and opportunities for driving cross-functional collaboration in these areas.
Discovery is at its best when bringing the world a little closer together. Discovery is dedicated to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment that is deeply rooted in our core values, supports employees and social justice, and drives an award-winning culture. , and are embedded at our core, underpin the impactful stories we tell and drive our passion to make a difference. We want our teams to reflect communities from all parts of the world, and remain committed to a culture of belonging and empowerment for all. It is the diverse minds, voices and perspectives of our people that fuel our most innovative ideas, deliver our greatest moments and push us forward to achieve more. We are here today because we value the different experiences and therefore different perspectives in our teams and that is what makes us formidable. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion: Discovery is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to affirmative action. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, nationality, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions) sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, or political views.
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Principal Product Manager, Product Compliance job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Principal Product Manager, Product Compliance job vacancy in London with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Principal Product Manager, Product Compliance job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.