Overview: Principal IT Engineer job vacancy in Essex recruiting now
Location: Essex, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
You will be working in a small highly motivated team providing services and support critical to Sky’s existing products and new projects in Brentwood and Aalborg, Denmark. The role is highly varied with typically no two days being the same.
The Development team provides the necessary support to the software development teams in Brentwood to assist in expediating project deliveries. The team manages the build servers and infrastructure, and networking, oversees the development and release processes, and develop and support scripts to:
- Improve the development process and source control management
- Support CI system and Jenkins and docker
- Infrastructure testing of Sky TVs, Set-Top Boxes and Routers.
What you’ll do:
- Work with project teams to improve and support their development and release processes.
- Update and maintain dockers to be consistent across all development activities.
- Write/update scripts accordingly.
- Support the test infrastructure for the router projects.
- Support and improve the Continuous Integration System
- Provide git and repo support
- Debugging when any of the systems go wrong
- Escalate, where necessary, project and technical conflicts
- Attention to detail and documentation
What you’ll bring:
- Software project development experience
- Extensive Linux experience on Servers
- Scripting – any language
- Previous experience writing software in scripting languages
- Software development and release processes
We’re the team behind the amazing Sky products line-up. From Sky+ to Sky Q. From hardware and software to intricate design. Could you help us turn an idea into the next big thing? As a team, we’re collaborative, empowered and innovative – together, we’re proud that everyone’s favourite Sky products are .
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about . Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
Our location takes some beating: we’re practically in Brentwood station, which has regular trains to London Liverpool Street. If you find it easier to drive, there’s some onsite parking, while Chatham Way car park is a short walk away.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to support you as much as we can with flexible shift patterns.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Principal IT Engineer job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Principal IT Engineer job vacancy in Essex with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Principal IT Engineer job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.