Overview: Principal Environmental Consultant job vacancy in London recruiting now
Employer: BWB Consulting Ltd
Location: London, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
For information about working for BWB please CLICK HERE
About the role
BWB Consulting has an exciting opportunity for a Principal Environmental Consultant to be based in our London Office as a Regional Lead in environmental project management & co-ordination and business development.
About the team
As part of the CAF Group, and working with their own engineering arm CAFTE, BWB also provide large scale international opportunities with environmental requirements from the procurement process, through to tender and award of contract, and ultimately the construction phase.
We have a strong nationwide presence and our work covers a wide range of skills offering opportunities across a range of projects and disciplines, co-ordinating environmental management at the pre-planning, planning and construction stages.
As a Principal Environmental Consultant, you will support commercial business development and Client Management in conjunction with the delivery of services across a range of projects, including major urban regeneration, mixed-use, residential and rail schemes across the UK and help to build our international offering with CAF Group. Alongside environmental project management, this role affords involvement in EIA and non-EIA projects. This will include co-ordinating project finances, the production of deliverables in line with Client expectations in a timely manner, assisting with tender submissions and ensuring all project work is completed to a high standard. You may be required to assist in public consultations with preparatory materials, attend public events in support of wider Client proposals, attend and monitor committee and other hearings.
The successful candidate will also be able to demonstrate a clear work winning track record, an established Client network, business planning, key account management and financial management skills.
This is a fast paced, Client facing role in which you would have the opportunity to grow your expertise and specialism. We value innovation and encourage thinking ‘outside of the box’, while always seeking to provide commercial solutions to complex environmental issues. Good financial and project management skills are a must as are great communication skills to build, maintain and consolidate strong working relationships both internally and externally to BWB.
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include being enthusiastic, practical, self-motivated, with strong oral and written communication skills in English. Well organised and able to prioritise your own workload with minimal supervision, an excellent communicator and ability to work dynamically across different teams and offices.
The successful candidate will have strong knowledge and understanding of the UK environmental regulatory framework and how this is applied. By the nature of the business development, Client management and environmental co-ordination role, the candidate will have strong organisational and communication skills and excellent attention to detail, as well as good administrative skills.
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas:
- Degree in environmental science or a related subject;
- A minimum of 4-6 years consultancy experience;
- Detailed knowledge of the planning system including knowledge of the EIA process and UK EIA Regulations;
- Excellent report writing and verbal communication skills;
- A proven track record in business development and Client relationship management, with a demonstratable Client network and relationships;
- Demonstrable track record in environmental project management;
- Demonstrable track record in delivering proportionate EIA on complex sites across the UK;
- Membership of a relevant professional body, such as IEMA. Ideally, practitioner or better.
- Experience and proficiency in using GIS and AutoCAD packages would be advantageous but not essential;
- Experience in delivery of Health Impact Assessment, Climate Change Appraisal, Sustainability Statements, Socio-Economic Statements and Construction Environmental Management Plans (CEMPs) would be advantageous but not essential;
- Ability to deliver projects on time and within budget with a strong focus on Client care in project management and delivery;
- Willingness to travel and a full driving license are essential to the role; and
- International experience would be beneficial, but not essential.
Reasons to join BWB
At BWB, we invest in our people and give them fantastic career opportunities. Look at what we have been recognised for recently:
- Investors in People Platinum standard
- A Sunday Times Top 100 Best companies to work for
- An NCE Top 100 Consultancy
Join BWB and your career will not conform to the traditional models of yesterday but will be a fulfilling and challenging journey into tomorrow’s digital age; a journey that you will Play an active role in defining!
At BWB you matter, and you will make a difference. A difference to the world you live in; the communities you engage with; even the development of your career and the profession.
We are on an exciting journey. Join Us.
What we can offer you
- A competitive Salary – We benchmark all our salaries against the market and review these annually.
- Holiday – 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and the option to buy extra days holiday per year to boost your entitlement
- Life Assurance 4x salary.
- Non-contributory Pension Scheme – we’ll pay an Employer Contribution, even if you don’t wish to contribute yet and the contribution will increase with years’ service.
- Superb training – bespoke to you and your development needs.
- Professional Subscription – BWB will make a payment for one professional subscription a year.
- Social Fund
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Principal Environmental Consultant job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Principal Environmental Consultant job vacancy in London with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Principal Environmental Consultant job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.