Job Title: Principal Data Scientist – United Kingdom (Remote)
Employer: Veeva Systems, Inc.
Location: London, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
Reference Number: 10826_e7c1268b3a34b665b6783a6e8318156f
Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We’re not just any public company – we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry , committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
Link is a pillar in the Veeva system landscape that envisions “Connecting life sciences and key people to improve research and care.” Our product offers real-time academics, social, and medical data to build comprehensive profiles. These profiles help our life-science industry partners find the right experts to accelerate the development and the adoption of new therapeutics. We accelerate clinical trials and equitable care. We are proud that our work helps patients receive their most urgent care sooner.
Your work will shape the product roadmap for the entire family of Link products, especially newer products such as Link for Trials. You will design and create an end-to-end pipeline to extract predefined categories of information from big unstructured data in multi-domain and multi-lingual setups. You will have access to cloud infrastructure to develop your model and support from a team of software developers and DevOps engineers to deploy it to production.
We want to develop new algorithms to redefine the industry expectations for quality vs. quantity compromise. We train ML models empowered by over 1900 curators to meet both the quality and the scale requirements. ML models complement and learn from continuous curation and scale our solutions to different regions, languages, and medical specialties.
We invite you to work remotely from any area within this country. However, it’s a prerequisite that you already reside in this country and hold legal work authorization without needing an employer’s support.
If you plan to move to this country or live nearby, we may still consider your application if you’re a superb fit for the role. In such scenarios, kindly supply an extra document that outlines your impending or current location, visa status, and the reasons that make you an excellent fit.
What You’ll Do
- Develop machine learning models at scale and in the AWS cloud to structure and analyze scientific data
- Adopt the latest technologies and trends in AI
- Use and develop named entity recognition, entity-linking, slot-filling, few-shot learning, active learning, dense passage retrieval, and other statistical techniques and models for information extraction and machine reading
- Deeply understand and analyze our data model per data source and geo-region and interpret model decisions
- Collaborate with data quality teams to define annotation tasks, metrics, and perform a qualitative and quantitative evaluation
- Collaborate with engineering teams to implement models at a terminal scale
- 8+ years of experience as a data scientist (or 6+ years with a relevant Ph.D. degree)
- Fluent in Python/Java and bashing scripts
- Excellent analytical skills and data curiosity
- Superior communication and presentation skills
- Mastery in at least one framework for BigData (e.g. Spark, DASK) and one framework for Deep Learning (e.g. Tensorflow, PyTorch)
- Mastery of Machine Learning, including up-to-date knowledge of the latest ML innovations and frameworks
- Used to start-up environments
- Social competence and a team player
- High energy and ambitious
- Agile mindset
Nice to Have
- Experience in life/health science industry, notably pharma
- Background in clinical (trial) data
- Having published in AI space in a peer-reviewed journal/conference
- Production-grade development Skills
- Cloud development, especially AWS
- Experience in NLP, NER, deduplication, entity-linking, graph-processing, or reinforcement learning
- Leadership skills and a solid network to help in hiring and growing the team
- Experience in containerization, Kubernetes, or relevant distributed computing technologies
- Experience with NoSQL databases, especially MongoDB
- Familiarity with model registry solutions such as MLflow
Perks & Benefits
- Work anywhere
- Personal development budget
- Veeva charitable giving program
- Fitness reimbursement
- Life insurance + pension fund
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is committed to fostering a culture of inclusion and growing a diverse workforce. Diversity makes us stronger. It comes in many forms. Gender, race, ethnicity, religion, politics, sexual orientation, age, disability and life experience shape us all into unique individuals. We value people for the individuals they are and the contributions they can bring to our teams.
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Principal Data Scientist – United Kingdom (Remote) job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Principal Data Scientist – United Kingdom (Remote) job vacancy in London with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Principal Data Scientist – United Kingdom (Remote) job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.