To apply for this job please visit www.jobg8.com.
Job Title: Press and Media Officer
Location: Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Salary: (pro-rata to £23,600)
Employment Type: Permanent
Reference Number: 3573_8740622
Serendipity Institute for Black Arts and Heritage’s mission is to centre perspectives from the African and African Caribbean Diaspora by embedding them in cultural experiences for all. The programme includes the flagship dance festival, Let’s Dance International Frontiers (LDIF), Black History Month Leicester and the annual Windrush Day Lecture. Through this programme Serendipity Institute for Black Arts and Heritage has established a legacy: hosting the Living Archive, documenting Black arts, heritage and culture, publishing the voices of Black artists and community activists, nurturing artists to create high quality new work and mentoring young people as they navigate the industry.
About the role
Serendipity Institute for Black Arts and Heritage is looking for a dynamic Press and Media Officer to develop and deliver PR strategies from inception to conclusion, pitching stories to the press, identifying potential press opportunities both proactively and reactively.
The Press and Media Officer will support and maintain the smooth running of day to day communications with the press and media with advanced writing skills.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning and implementing publicity campaigns.
- Assisting in the writing, production and distribution of press packs, press releases, press editorials, and photography.
- Following up requests for press and media. Pitching to seasonal publications, locally, nationally and internationally.
- Providing briefing notes to Serendipity staff team, artists and media as required. Creating and managing press and media lists.
- Building rapport and connections with publicists, journalists, sponsors and stakeholders.
- Ensuring Press relations are well-maintained and provide an industry-leading service to the media, maximising positive PR for the brand.
- Attending press events and previews as required.
- Supporting the organisation of promotional events. Administration of press tickets.
- Ensuring all assets and media sites are maintained and correct.
- Monitoring media coverage daily, making sure important articles are collated and shared where relevant.
- Ensuring these are given to the Heritage team to be included in the organisation’s archive.
- Assisting in the creation of copy for product and press communications.
- Working with digital on social media campaigns and content for social channels.
- Working with the Heritage Manager, Digital Innovations Manager and Executive Assistant to curate, schedule, post and share content on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
- Working closely with consultant publicists and agencies on campaigns.
- Maintaining an annual campaigns calendar to complement Serendipity Institute for Black Arts and Heritage’s annual programme.
- Working with the CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system.
- Acting as a brand ambassador and ensuring all communications adhere to the Serendipity Institute for Black Arts and Heritage brand and values, including materials produced by external partners or co-producers.
- Championing, protecting and enhancing the profile of Serendipity Institute for Black Arts and Heritage.
- Undertaking proactive measures to maintain reputation and leading on branding guidelines and brand development.
- Working with Serendipity Institute for Black Arts and Heritage’s team to raise awareness of, and engagement with, our programmes across a rich diversity landscape covering age, gender and cultural heritage.
General duties and responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities attached to posts may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed. All Serendipity Institute for Black Arts and Heritage employees are required to undertake the following general duties:
- Carry out such other duties as may be reasonably requested by the CEO.
- Keep up to date with industry developments and identify opportunities to support organisational growth. Undertake continuous professional development in line with the needs of the post and resources available.
- Travel to locations across the county and beyond as required (please note that reasonable adjustments will be considered for this factor as required by the Equalities Act).
- Be aware of and comply with GDPR and Data Protection legislation and confidentiality.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety policies and procedures, and risk assessments.
- Share in Serendipity Institute for Black Arts and Heritage’s commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
- Be aware of Serendipity Institute for Black Arts and Heritage’s equality and diversity policies and actively promote equality of opportunity.
- Act as an ambassador to support and improve awareness of Serendipity Institute for Black Arts and Heritage’s activities, representing Serendipity Institute for Black Arts and Heritage at events and meetings as required;
- Carry out all duties in accordance with Serendipity Institute for Black Arts and Heritage’s policies, procedures and practices. Behave in a manner consistent with Serendipity Institute for Black Arts and Heritage values and code of staff conduct.
- Managing collateral intellectual property that will be used in promotions for permissions, for use of imagery, video and audio, etc
- Liaising with intellectual property holders for permissions. Database management.
- Advert placement for targeted audiences, including online and programmatic marketing.
- Managing marketing budgets, liaising with team and producing financial reports.
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Press and Media Officer job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Press and Media Officer job vacancy in Leicestershire with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Press and Media Officer job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.