Overview: PR and Policy Officer job vacancy in Lanarkshire recruiting now
Employer: Royal College Of Physicians & Surgeons Of Glasgow
Location: Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
PR and Policy Officer
Remote working with occasional location-based requirements in Glasgow
We are looking for a PR and Policy officer to join our Corporate Communications and Marketing team.
The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow is a worldwide community of inspiring health professionals working together to advance the profession and improve patient care. Together we’re a force for good, determined to make a positive difference, and passionate about speaking up for the profession.
Our community is made up of the expertise and experience of our 15,000+ outstanding, hardworking members, supported by over 100 College staff.
With care and compassion at our core, our work is guided by our values of inclusivity, integrity, community, innovation, and inspiring, and we are committed to living these values and behaviours through the way we work and interact with each other. The College promotes an agile, flexible workforce and while this is a full‐time post, applications from individuals seeking part‐time, job‐ share, or flexible working arrangements are welcome.
Reporting to the Public Affairs Manager, the PR and Policy Officer will be responsible for the creation, implementation and delivery of research, reports, and communications that support the delivery of the Colleges strategic positioning and profile. They will also have responsibility for effectively communicating and engaging with external stakeholders including government, media, and intercollegiate partners.
The PR and Policy Officer will have a good understanding and knowledge of health systems across the UK and will be expected to develop and establish good working relationships with policy makers, journalists and influencers to advance knowledge and drive development of College positioning. The post holder will be required to be in regular contact with the President, Honorary Secretary, and other senior clinicians and staff working across the College to ensure consistency of messaging, efficiency of responses to policy and media work, and accurate reporting and updates.
- Degree qualified and/or relatable experience in public affairs, policy and/or communications
- Demonstrable experience of researching and analysing data to support the development of policy
- Demonstrable experience of report writing
- Experienced in writing and distribution of media statements and acting as media liaison to ensure successful positioning of articles and features on print and broadcast media
- Experience of parliament and politics, and a good understanding of health policy is desirable.
- Excellent writing and editing skills essential
- Demonstrable experience of planning, prioritising and managing multiple activities with high levels of attention to detail, ensuring deadlines are met
- Strong interpersonal skills in order to influence and interact effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent IT skills including the use of databases and Microsoft Office
- Evidence of good and effective team working
As well as a competitive salary we offer the following benefits:
- 40 days holiday
- Life Assurance Benefit
- Enhanced Sick Pay, Maternity, Paternity and Adoption pay
- Wellbeing Benefit
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Application is by covering letter, CV and Equal Opportunities Monitoring form (available from our website).
The closing date is Wednesday 13th July 2022 at 1700 hours. It is anticipated that interviews will be held during week commencing 18th July 2022. However, we will assess applications as they are received and the closing date may be brought forward without notice.
A Charity Registered in Scotland: Charity Registration Number SC000847
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this PR and Policy Officer job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this PR and Policy Officer job vacancy in Lanarkshire with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this PR and Policy Officer job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.