Overview: Platform Engineer job vacancy in London recruiting now
Employer: Beacon Platform
Location: London, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
About Beacon Platform: Beacon was founded in 2014 by Kirat Singh and Mark Higgins, industry leaders in building and designing enterprise-scale trading, analytics, and risk management platforms. Beacon Platform enables financial institutions of all sizes to operationalize front-office development at enterprise scale on the cloud. The Platform consists of Beacon Front Office Suite for cross-asset management of trades, positions and risk, and Beacon Core, an integrated development and operating platform that enables quants and software engineers to collaboratively develop and continuously deploy business solutions. Beacon’s open architecture and transparent source-code model empower clients to achieve their business goals while maintaining unparalleled ownership of the full technology stack. Beacon is a collaborative and innovative team with over 250 employees headquartered in New York, London, Berlin and Tokyo. Flexible working hours and location are supported.
About the role:
The Platform Engineering team is responsible for the development and support of Beacon’s cloud based Platform-as-a-Service offering. The successful candidate will help the team develop new platform capabilities and integrations, as well as refactoring and maintaining Beacon’s existing suite of Platform Engineering tooling.
- Develop, implement and support new platform components, integrations between the Beacon Platform and cloud vendor offerings, platform deployment strategies, and other such tools.
- Refactor, review and remediate bugs and issues in Beacon’s existing Platform Engineering codebase
- Contribute to the architecture design of new Platform Engineering components and offerings
- Collaborate with the various other teams within Beacon during the deployment of particularly challenging or ambitious Beacon Platform instances
- Research industry best practices and new emerging technologies to ensure Beacon always provides the best value to our clients
- Engage in the review and approval of new code contributions within the Platform
- Self starter who is passionate about delivering high quality solutions for our clients, whilst taking ownership of their work
- Comfortable with fast paced and dynamic environments
- Attentive to details & fast learner – eager to deep-dive into technical components and take an analytical approach to understanding the root cause of issues where they arise
- Able to effectively communicate complex technical scenarios to non-technical team members
Technical Skill Requirements:
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment
- Foundational understanding of public cloud concepts
- Computer Science related degree, or equivalent experience
Nice to haves:
- Previous experience building solutions in AWS, Azure or GCP – programmatically interacting with public cloud vendor APIs
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tools such as Terraform & Puppet
- Experience with Container orchestration & management – Docker/Kubernetes/EKS/AKS
About Us: We are smart, curious people who want to work in an environment that respects all of our lives and interests. This means we all care about and respect the boundaries of work-life balance — but when we work, we work hard and with great attention to detail.
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Platform Engineer job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Platform Engineer job vacancy in London with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Platform Engineer job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.