Overview: Middleware Engineer (6 Month FTC) job vacancy in London recruiting now
Employer: Metro Bank
Location: London, United Kingdom
Employment Type: Permanent
Location Holborn Office
County Central London
Ref # 14608
Closing Date 11-Aug-2022
Are experienced in application deployments? Can you support and maintain a number of systems? Do you put the customer at the heart of everything you do?
If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As the IT Operations Engineer – Digital, you will support Head of IT Operations in the running and maintenance of core banking systems to make sure our fans receive an amazing experience. You will also be responsible for managing and supporting the systems that run our 24/7 digital banking platforms.
Depending on the team, most of our roles offer flexible working.
So what would you be doing?…
• Working with other members of the IT Operations team, you will be managing the platforms on a day to day basis, managing system updates
• Supporting and maintaining the banks systems on a day to day basis
• Monitoring and troubleshooting key banking systems
• Performing deployments to key production systems in line with the schedule of change
• Providing input into release planning
• Documenting procedures and ensuring current procedures are up to date
• Ensuring application operational documentation is kept up to date and is relevant
• Reviewing design documentation
• Ensuring Servers re patched on time and following the schedule
• Managing SSL/TLS Certificates
• Providing out of hours support
You need to be this kind of person
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And… we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things…
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• Extensive IT Experience preferably in a financial services environment
• You must have hands on Unix/Redhat Linux experience ideally RHEL including Shell scripting
• You will need JBoss/Tomcat/NGINX/Apache Web hands-on experience and troubleshooting
• It is essential you have experience in application deployments and following runbooks
• You must have Windows Server Management experience
• You will have knowledge of DNS, Networking, load balancers, Firewall principals
• It is essential you have knowledge of infrastructure principals with Web/Application/DB layer models
• You must have experience in writing technical documentation and Incident management
• Ideally, you will have experience of Oracle, SQL Server and RDBMS
• It would be amazing if you had experience of IBM Integration Bus and Powershell
• Ideally, you will have Cloud knowledge (AWS and/or Azure)
• It would be advantageous if you have experience of Temenos T24 or other financial application
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that normal office hours aren t always doable, and while we can t accommodate every flexible working request, we are happy to be asked. So, if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren t sure if you are 100% there yet why not give it a whirl?
Please note that sometimes we may close a job earlier for applications if we are inundated with amazing candidates
NOTE TO JOB SEEKERS
Apply for this Middleware Engineer (6 Month FTC) job vacancy via Bubble Jobs today. You can find other jobs like this Middleware Engineer (6 Month FTC) job vacancy in London with our simple job search feature. As well as advertising vacancies like this Middleware Engineer (6 Month FTC) job vacancy, Bubble Jobs specialises in advertising web jobs, digital jobs, tech jobs and other specialist jobs for a wide range of employers and recruiters. If you’re looking for career advice or job searching tips, then make sure you check out our blog which is updated regularly with useful advice and resources. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to get the latest job updates and addition career related news and posts. Thanks for using Bubble Jobs and good luck with your job search.